Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympiad Captain
Phil Thomas Wrote:Has anyone else noticed?

There are several characters who like to post on this notice board who try their best to disagree with everyone else.

Create a controversial thread which is close to a two option multiple choices and just watch them squirm as they post.

Good to see just how many people agreed with my views.

Phil,

I had an opinion at the start.

I listened to other people's views and read added information I didn't originally know. I learned.

By this process I changed my mind.

Had there not been an informed debate/discussion I would still hold my original view.

I am and always will be willing to be persuaded that my views are wrong. They quite often are. I'd rather I was this way than entrenched with my opinions and unwilling to admit I am wrong. And that's not saying anybody is just that I try not to be.

DGC
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->
Phil Thomas meant to say:

Quote:Has anyone else noticed?

There are several characters (including current Directors/Officials and former Directors & Officials of CS) who like to post on this notice board who try their best to disagree with everyone else. They try to belittle legitimate queries by members of Chess Scotland and give as little factual information out as possible. In addition, they are entrenched in their opinions and are unwilling to admit that they get it wrong. (now and again!)

They like to post on controversial topics and give their opinions and champion them as facts to stiffle any queries of the heirarchy as members should only question things once a year at the AGM.

Fixed your post for you Phil ^ ;P
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
David Deary Wrote:Phil Thomas meant to say:

Quote:Has anyone else noticed?

There are several characters (including current Directors/Officials and former Directors & Officials of CS) who like to post on this notice board who try their best to disagree with everyone else. They try to belittle legitimate queries by members of Chess Scotland and give as little factual information out as possible. In addition, they are entrenched in their opinions and are unwilling to admit that they get it wrong. (now and again!)

They like to post on controversial topics and give their opinions and champion them as facts to stiffle any queries of the heirarchy as members should only question things once a year at the AGM.

Fixed your post for you Phil ^ ;P

David,
it does matter how often you attack me I reserve the right to post on this notice board.

Robin,
I posted something complementary about your improved coaching ability following your experiences in Bulgaria.
Did you have a problem with that? or did you fail to appreciate the attempted humour in the first part of my posting?

As a paid up member of chess Scotland I demand an explanation.
Guys,

Let's not let this descend into a slagging match. Just agree to disagree!
David G Congalton Wrote:
Phil Thomas Wrote:Has anyone else noticed?

There are several characters who like to post on this notice board who try their best to disagree with everyone else.

Create a controversial thread which is close to a two option multiple choices and just watch them squirm as they post.

Good to see just how many people agreed with my views.

Phil,

I had an opinion at the start.

I listened to other people's views and read added information I didn't originally know. I learned.

By this process I changed my mind.

Had there not been an informed debate/discussion I would still hold my original view.

I am and always will be willing to be persuaded that my views are wrong. They quite often are. I'd rather I was this way than entrenched with my opinions and unwilling to admit I am wrong. And that's not saying anybody is just that I try not to be.

DGC

Don't think he was referring to you David. I can't see how anyone could. You are one person who does breathe some actual life, optimism and innovation into Chess Scotland imo.

Looking forward to Prestwick tonight.
Phil,

Sorry,

I have been busy all day setting up equipment etc for the Prestwick congress. I set up all the seats, including yours. All I need to do now is plug it in,

Robin.
robin moore Wrote:Phil,

Sorry,

I have been busy all day setting up equipment etc for the Prestwick congress. I set up all the seats, including yours. All I need to do now is plug it in,

Robin.

LOL
Strangely enough I had to plug Phils board in...
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"

Sorry,

Robin.
Andy Howie Wrote:Strangely enough I had to plug Phils board in...

Both moves are very risky as Phil & electrics dont go well together- likely to cause a short & close the airport

Sorry,

Robin.

:U

Lol