Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isle of Lewis Chess Festival 1995
Can anyone provide me with copies of posters that might have been produced to promote the 1995 Lewis Chess Festival?

I have (somehow) acquired a poster that is entirely in Gaelic, but with no mention of the players (Motwani, Agdestein, Short and Judit Polgar).

FIDE is preparing to celebrate its 100th anniversary in 2024; several events are planned, as well as a book of photographs.

I have been asked about posters for national or international events and the Lewis Chess Festival was the one that quickly came to mind, particularly because of the connection to the Lewis chess pieces.

Thanks.
(05-04-2023, 05:28 PM)Alan McGowan Wrote: Can anyone provide me with copies of posters that might have been produced to promote the 1995 Lewis Chess Festival?

I have (somehow) acquired a poster that is entirely in Gaelic, but with no mention of the players (Motwani, Agdestein, Short and Judit Polgar).

FIDE is preparing to celebrate its 100th anniversary in 2024; several events are planned, as well as a book of photographs.

I have been asked about posters for national or international events and the Lewis Chess Festival was the one that quickly came to mind, particularly because of the connection to the Lewis chess pieces.

Thanks.

Do you have the bulletins Alan?
Alistair
No, I don't, Alistair. I am only looking for representative images - posters, advertising material etc.
Alan