Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICCF v Glasgow Select
Hi Folks,

For all those Glasgow (and its environs!) players interested in a match.

the ICCF Congress (a big meeting rather than a tournament) is holding a friendly match versus a Glasgow select on Monday 15th August (evening starting around 7.30). It would be nice if players who have had a link with the SCCA in the past (although this is not essential - some connection with Glasgow will suffice!) and would like a game of OTB for a change would let me know if they are interested in playing. I would appreciate it if you can let me know by the end of this week if possible.

Maximum number of players in each team will be 14. Email me on alistair.maxwell34@gmail.com - please title the email ICCF - Glasgow Match.

If I don't get enough responses I will have to start phoning!

Alistair Maxwell

PS - there is also a lightning in the Tuesday (again restricted numbers!) - people showing an interest in the match will get first shout.
I’ll Play Alistair and if anyone stronger wants to play I’ll stand down
I enjoyed the match last night. Caught up with some old friends. Can the match result be posted please ?
Thanks Alistair for a very enjoyable evening! Great to play a slower time control again and under such relaxed and spacious conditions.
There's some info here: https://efcchess.org.uk/index.html
Yeah I really enjoyed myself and had a very interesting and enjoyable game