Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Scottish Championship
Rd 2: interesting game between two noted Sicilian Dragon experts in Bryson vs Burnett. Could be fireworks. Still in theory no doubt for a while at least. Who is your money on?

16…a5!? May be theory but who knows? Very complicated but Stockfish likes White. Popcorn time.
Bryson-Burnett was a draw.
A lot of lousy draws today too in the Scottish Championships.
Glad you banned me from spectating.
Bring back the St Andrews / Troon championships where you have the option of a beach.
(03-07-2022, 02:40 PM)Alastair White Wrote: Rd 2: interesting game between two noted Sicilian Dragon experts in Bryson vs Burnett. Could be fireworks. Still in theory no doubt for a while at least. Who is your money on?

16…a5!? May be theory but who knows? Very complicated but Stockfish likes White. Popcorn time.

My money was on me Wink but Dougie defended very well!
And more mayhem in todays game Berry-Burnett today. Did both players miss the possibility of 25.Qxe4! or again 26.Qxe4! Appears to win a piece as the queen cannot be taken or Black get mated.
Too many draws again but Andy Burnett is continuing his impressive form from Blackpool and World Seniors and looks dangerous.
(05-07-2022, 11:43 PM)Alastair White Wrote: And more mayhem in todays game Berry-Burnett today. Did both players miss the possibility of 25.Qxe4! or again 26.Qxe4! Appears to win a piece as the queen cannot be taken or Black get mated.

We both completely missed it! Likely because ...f5 was a random afterthought (for me) and Neil was very short of time. I had too many good/interesting possibilities and chose a last-minute replacement move Big Grin

(06-07-2022, 06:20 AM)amuir Wrote: Too many draws again but Andy Burnett is continuing his impressive form from Blackpool and World Seniors and looks dangerous.

Thanks Andy. (The draws are mostly hard-fought so stop complaining Wink )
what's this ? the leaderboard is upside down , the younger players are near the top while the IMs are in the bottom half.