Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sweepstake
I was trying to think of creative ways to raise money for Scottish junior chess when I thought of the sidestake fun route that I have been involved in for a while. For years a friend and I have picked one player per section at Scottish weekend chess congresses and added up their points, winner takes all. Now, before the Gambling commision are called in on a friendly rivalry, would it be ok to set up some kind of organised legal sweepstake amongst ourselves with a view to raising funds? I am not talking ridiculous stakes, simply a token amount but with a percentage of the pool deducted and forwarded to Scottish junior chess. You could have a player per section as we do, highest total wins. Or more interestingly, you could have performance above published grade totals. If there is any interest in the performance above published grade route this weekend at Glenrothes I bags Euan Gray, Andew McCusker and Kai Pannwitz. Please remember, as Sergeant Wilson said in Dad's Army, you have to say "I bags" first,

Robin.
beware of robin's sweepstakes, AND if he has expressed preferences it is only after he has conducted much research and set it up in his favour. i.e. beware greeks bearing gifts. ;P ;P ;P