Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malkovich Chess Game
I don't know where the name comes from but possibly just possibly from the film

Being John Malkovich.

The film was released in 1999; does anyone know if the chess term Malkovich predates this??
Spoiler: Testing to see if this works
It does.
David Deary Wrote:Now where is young Mr McHarg or old Mr Howie?

I'll have you know I am the second youngest Director at the moment, cheeky young whippersnapper...
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
I didn't know there were only two directors.
Andy McCulloch Wrote:It does.

It's not bad, but still possible to see it, since it is not exactly the same colour as the forum background. Do Andy H. or Andy M know if it is possible to introduce a new spoiler feature, like in the example David gave?
Clement Sreeves Wrote:It's not bad, but still possible to see it, since it is not exactly the same colour as the forum background. Do Andy H. or Andy M know if it is possible to introduce a new spoiler feature, like in the example David gave?

I would imagine the functionality for hidden text could be added to the forum or failing that a font colour exactly matching the background could be added.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
Sadly, after seeing Clement's reply, I removed my specs, and I could see that it doesn't work.

Wearing my, rather expensive, varifocals I could not read the 'spoiler', without them, I could. This does not make a lot of sense.

There has to be a match somewhere between the background colour and the colour used for letters. Just experiment.
This method works:

The slight issue is that the forum posts alternate between two slightly different colours. They are, however, close enough together for the below BBCode to work:

Code:
Spoiler here>> [color=#EDEDED]Spoiler text here[/color] <<Spoiler here

Produces:

Spoiler here>> Spoiler text here <<Spoiler here
I'll think about a more "integrated" approach for future. But I think in the meantime this will allow you guys to get started. Big Grin