Poll: What do you feel is a suitable entry fee (excl. reductions)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
£10-14
21.05%
4 21.05%
£15-16
5.26%
1 5.26%
£17-18
0%
0 0%
£19-20
10.53%
2 10.53%
£20-24
21.05%
4 21.05%
£25-27
5.26%
1 5.26%
£28-30
36.84%
7 36.84%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Chess Blitz Championship
Update:

Can almost confirm that a Scottish Bookmaker will be offering odds on the outright market for the Scottish Blitz. This deal will hopefully benefit both parties. From the Championships point of view: we can now broadcast top boards live through video feed and through the DGT boards and utilise the advertising space around. The hope is that this will attract many viewers if they were to have a flutter on the tournament Smile. There may be another big player as well as Mr Naiditsch attending as well so that would certainly make it very interesting indeed.

Jonathan
Quote:Guess I'll get him another pint as well. We might not be as good as him at chess but ideally we can out-drink him.

Start on the pints then finish him off on the cakes Calum.
Bookies and booze! Jonathan, if you had held this event in Ayrshire, I could have given you half a dozen entries just from one team.

Robin
Good work Jonathan!

How will bookmakers set the odds for all us 'random' players under 2700?!

Also, do they set limits on how much you can bet on these things?

Perhaps Mr Bryson could explain how this works?
andyburnett Wrote:Good work Jonathan!

How will bookmakers set the odds for all us 'random' players under 2700?!

Also, do they set limits on how much you can bet on these things?

Perhaps Mr Bryson could explain how this works?

OK I can now 100% confirm that <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcbookie.co.uk">http://www.mcbookie.co.uk</a><!-- m --> will be offering odds on the outright market.

There will no doubt be a liability limit as they have never offered odds on chess before - and are keen to test the water. The odds for lower rated players (depending on the entry list) will of course we considerably high. For example, David Howell to win the London Chess Classic was 200/1 at Ladbrokes. The prices may be around 30/1 for 2200-ish players but this will all depend.

Jonathan
Jonathan Edwards Wrote:Update:

Can almost confirm that a Scottish Bookmaker will be offering odds on the outright market for the Scottish Blitz. This deal will hopefully benefit both parties. From the Championships point of view: we can now broadcast top boards live through video feed and through the DGT boards and utilise the advertising space around. The hope is that this will attract many viewers if they were to have a flutter on the tournament Smile. There may be another big player as well as Mr Naiditsch attending as well so that would certainly make it very interesting indeed.

Jonathan

The boards don't transmit Blitz games. We have tried it for years on both wired and wireless and they are not able to do it
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy Howie Wrote:The boards don't transmit Blitz games. We have tried it for years on both wired and wireless and they are not able to do it

Ah, okay... Sad Thanks for letting me know Andy.
dont fancy putting my FIDE rating on the line at blitz - could easily chuck 50 points over 11 games
Mike Scott Wrote:
Quote:Guess I'll get him another pint as well. We might not be as good as him at chess but ideally we can out-drink him.

Start on the pints then finish him off on the cakes Calum.

That was some contest. Messy.
amuir Wrote:dont fancy putting my FIDE rating on the line at blitz

It will be a different rating list Andy. FIDE are bring out another list for fast play games which will initialy use your standard play rating. This means that you might even pick up 50 points without putting your normal ratng at risk.