Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chess.com online clubs
Hi All
I've been asked to help out players who wish to set up their clubs or indeed wish to play games online. Thor and myself are setting up any clubs in the Glasgow and Lanarkshire leagues but we will assist any club or league who wishes to play online games, especially in the current crisis. There are also teams in the Edinburgh league already set up. Contact me directly by telephone (07899 832770) or by email ian.brownlee@systemsit.co.uk if you require any help or assistance. Thor is also keep to help as well.

Ian
Excellent Idea
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Hi Ian

That is great! Smile 

I have also set up a new website - chess123.uk - still to be refined on mobile - which was for the Polytechnic online tournaments, but happy to expand it for other clubs. In order to update your tournament information you would have to be happy to use Google Sheets. I can make up the basic sheet, and then transfer admin control over to you. (Never tried this yet - but no it is possible!) Updating the Google sheet would automatically update the details on the website.

Anybody interested - then you can use the contact form on chess123.uk

Andy Heron

Webmaster
Glasgow Polytechnic Chess Club
hi Andy
already on your web site today and entered the allegro tournament . I am sure you will get hundreds of entries and the best of it is that chess.com will handle the admin. I'm not sure about LiChess just before i  haven't used it. Playchess.com also has a wealth of facilities as well (used it years ago) but someone we all know prompted me to look at it again.
BTW guys there's also playchess.com as an easy alternative with rooms for groups of people to meet. Again if anyone wishes further information, please let me know