Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Seniors - Bucharest
Tournament starts on Tuesday, 11 rounds, with a rest day after 5 rounds then a 6 game run in.
11 of us are here, (well 2 still to come in but on their way)

8 scots in the +50 and 3 scots in the +65

Results here 

Official website

I don't know about live games yet, there is a link on official website but not sure if live games will be on other sites yet.

+50 Open -- 139 entrants
+65 Open -- 192 entrants
Having just seen the post at the CS Homepage about Jim's hospitalisation at Bucharest, let me just add my own best wishes for his health and recovery.
I can also add that I have successfully been following the links Jim provided to the event in his post above and can confirm that they work and that there is some very interesting chess being played by Scots and others!
All good wishes to those battling in Bucharest. Wish I could have been there!
With just two rounds remaining the Scottish squad in Bucharest is performing very well in both events. In the 65+ event, Philip Giulian is leading the way with fine 6/9 with Raj Bhopal on 4.5, both well above their rating level in a very strong tournament. In the over 50s, Steve Mannion has fine 6/9, with Neil Farrell and Ian Robertson both on 5.5pts. The higher boards of both events can be watched live via the Chess24 site. Progress of tournaments can be followed on Chess Results.