Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brown Legacy
Tom Brown Legacy

“Monday 26th August Beefeater Hotel, Upstairs venue, Edinburgh Road, Newhouse , Motherwell , ML 1 5 SY 01698 860 277

A private room has been booked upstairs with refreshments. Tomorrow’s meeting will mainly be addressing how to promote Junior Chess in Scotland as part of the Tom Brown legacy
There will be representatives from Junior officials and volunteers in Central, Lothians, Lanarkshire, Glasgow,  and Ayrshire. Representing Chess Scotland will be Ian Brownlee and David Congalton.
Anyone with an interest in Junior Chess are also welcome
Any enquiries please contact the Admin Director, Ian Brownlee on 07899 832770”
(25-08-2019, 10:52 AM)Ianbrownlee Wrote: Tom Brown Legacy

“Monday 26th August Beefeater Hotel, Upstairs venue, Edinburgh Road, Newhouse , Motherwell , ML 1 5 SY 01698 860 277

A private room has been booked upstairs with refreshments. Tomorrow’s meeting will mainly be addressing how to promote Junior Chess in Scotland as part of the Tom Brown legacy
There will be representatives from Junior officials and volunteers in Central, Lothians, Lanarkshire, Glasgow,  and Ayrshire. Representing Chess Scotland will be Ian Brownlee and David Congalton.

Times?
(25-08-2019, 02:20 PM)Jim Webster Wrote:
(25-08-2019, 10:52 AM)Ianbrownlee Wrote: Tom Brown Legacy

Times?
oops sorry Guys it's a sit down at 7.30 pm i'll be there from 7.00 pm setting it up. There will be refreshments available upstairs as well
(25-08-2019, 02:58 PM)Ianbrownlee Wrote: oops sorry Guys it's a sit down at 7.30 pm i'll be there from 7.00 pm setting it up. There will be refreshments available upstairs as well

As a relatively regular peruse of these forums and the news on the main site did I miss the first announcement of this meeting or was this day before posting the only airing it received?

I may well have been interested enough to come along but didn't actually notice this post until today and didn't see anything on the main page until now.
(27-08-2019, 07:38 PM)JMcNicoll Wrote:
(25-08-2019, 02:58 PM)Ianbrownlee Wrote: oops sorry Guys it's a sit down at 7.30 pm i'll be there from 7.00 pm setting it up. There will be refreshments available upstairs as well

As a relatively regular peruse of these forums and the news on the main site did I miss the first announcement of this meeting or was this day before posting the only airing it received?

I may well have been interested enough to come along but didn't actually notice this post until today and didn't see anything on the main page until now.
Sorry John I didn't think you would be interested so that's my bag. I'm very glad you're on board with this and i'll send you a copy of the minutes once David has compiled them. Most junior clubs and regions within driving distance were notified and  all expressed an interest consequently most attended with the rest giving a solid commitment to this initiative