Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<2200 'Opens'
Two tournaments I was considering playing - Inverness, and in particular Arran Rapid do not allow over 2200 players to enter. Why?
(29-07-2019, 12:25 AM)Alan Tate Wrote: Two tournaments I was considering playing - Inverness, and in particular Arran Rapid do not allow over 2200 players to enter. Why?

I think you can play in Arran rapid...
14th September 2019
Isle of Arran FIDE Rapid Play (Allegro) - Each player has 15 minutes plus a 10 second increment in each round
Open Under 2200 CS Graded FIDE Rated
Major Under 1700 CS Graded FIDE Rated
Minor Under 1450 CS Graded
I saw that but I played last year and there was one player with over 2200, I think it must be a mistake with the entry form or else I can't see a reason why 2200 players would not be allowed to play. Last year we were only 6 players in the open section anyway.
Gents, to save you any more anguish I can confirm that the Arran quickplay open is not rating restricted. Cut and paste error.

Inverness is advertised as such due to the time control being only suitable for u2200 FIDE rating.

Someone over 2200 could enter, with our discretion, but their results will be ignored by FIDE when rating calculations are made.
Thanks for clearing that up- good news about Arran. Was genuinely curious if there is such a demand (and why), as well as being a bit miffed - there are so few tournaments in Scotland as it is.
(29-07-2019, 05:07 PM)JMcNicoll Wrote: Gents, to save you any more anguish I can confirm that the Arran quickplay open is not rating restricted. Cut and paste error.

Inverness is advertised as such due to the time control being only suitable for u2200 FIDE rating.

Someone over 2200 could enter, with our discretion, but their results will be ignored by FIDE when rating calculations are made.

David C told me this was not possible? I have relatives in Inverness so would definitely play if given the chance.