Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations
To Murad.  Scottish Champion with a round to spare.  Very well done!!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
(14-07-2018, 06:11 PM)Andy Howie Wrote: To Murad.  Scottish Champion with a round to spare.  Very well done!!

Yes, great achievement - now the youngest ever double Scottish champion.

I've been watching a lot this week and his last few games were gripping. Not sure how that last one got from Alan apparently pressing to Murad winning.

Does he need to play Roddy tomorrow for a chance of the IM norm?
If and only if I have done my sums correctly (big if!) Provided he plays Roddy, he simply has to sit down and make a move to get an IM norm Big Grin
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
(14-07-2018, 06:18 PM)Robert Lothian Wrote:
(14-07-2018, 06:11 PM)Andy Howie Wrote: To Murad.  Scottish Champion with a round to spare.  Very well done!!

Yes, great achievement - now the youngest ever double Scottish champion.

I've been watching a lot this week and his last few games were gripping. Not sure how that last one got from Alan apparently pressing to Murad winning.

Does he need to play Roddy tomorrow for a chance of the IM norm?
Only just tuned in these past few days but imagine Murad's round 7 win must be a strong candidate for game of the tournament. That was very imaginative, "grandmasterly" play in my opinion. Congratulations (again)!
We have just checked. Provided he turns up, Murad has an IM norm as well. Congratulations
A remarkable result topped off with another crushing victory today. A most deserving champion
Indeed: thoroughly deserved and impressive. Well done!
Thumbs Up 
Very well done Murad! A class apart.  Wink
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
I spoke to Murad after the prizegiving. In his words, the Glorney is coming home!
Congratulations to Murad on his excellent victory and first IM norm! Glorney up next and then his Olympiad debut in September - great stuff!