Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Championship 2018
Who's training who?
(26-06-2018, 09:23 AM)robin moore Wrote: Who's training who?
Robin, I will be around for rounds 4-9 and will be on call for general training, going over games etc, Glorney players will get priority if they have particular needs.
I was looking at the entry form and entrants. I don't know the exact dates folks entered but there are 39 entrants, nine of which have free entry as they are titled leaving 30 others. If each of those others paid £60 each to enter that comes to £1800 total entry fees (there will be some that have paid more than that I guess plus juniors who have paid less). The prize money alone for this event is over £5000 with additional costs for venue and equipment hire, expenses etc. How is the outstanding balance going to be met?
Could the entries for Scottish Blitz, Rapidplay , Quality  Chess Blitz please be published ? Need to know playing strength to see if worth playing.
Provisional 1st round draw on chess results 

http://chess-results.com/Tnr356477.aspx?lan=1
No book stall?
John Watkins
Sorry not this time.
Some interesting pairings today. Boards 1 and 2 look like potential upsets and board 12 features ‘to be arranged’ against Stuart White (who won his first game).
Todays Blitz games (what I could capture) and PGNs for Rounds 1 and 2 are available here
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
As for today's games. Really felt for Tai Wilson. A really good performance against someone graded 1000 points plus more than him! Chess24 had him +8 at one point!

Favourite moment had to be Alan Tate's game, King walks are always special Big Grin
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"