Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phoenix simul
They are keen on chess in Birmingham - played and beat 39 adults on tuesday night - my largest ever simul.
5.30 pm -10.05pm

Don't think many simuls as big as this in Scotland
I had the pleasure of playing Keti in a simul at Ayr on Tuesday night.
I reckon there were about 20 players and I believe Keti won every game. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Big Grin

I've played Motwani in a simul as well so I'm just looking to play Rowson, Aagaard, McNab & Shaw in simuls and I'll have done the set.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
unfortunately I missed the Keti simul, I had the pleasure of playing the late, great Tony Miles in a simul (Greenwood) and Jan Markos in a simul (Slovakia), great experiences. Without fail i've found the GM's courteous and kind about the woodpushers they play against. Jan even came and had a beer with me and the legendary Arthur McCurley, wonderful times. of course modesty does not permit me to mention the results

Big Grin Big Grin
Can't remember all the details but probably one of the largest simuls in Scotland was by David Levy at Glasgow University refectory in 1967 or 1968 when he played about 110, mostly from schools. Not surprisingly this took a long time and I found myself helping to placate irate parents who came along and found their offspring still playing at about 10pm.