Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECF conversion?
oops I got it the wrong way round.

For those of you who think minus 40 degrees is a cool temperature.

The answer is 2280.

Who wants to supply the question ?
Nearly (but not quite) Fahrenheit 451?
Andy the way they have set it up in England, especially at Blackpool means that a Scottish player will find it difficult to win there now. i had a bitter experience where they moved the goalposts 3 times in order to put me in the highest section possible. despite the fact that they broke their own rules and used different criteria for players in our party there was no right of appeal to their decision. ergo i did not go back.

Sad
At Blackpool I see Jannic is the only Scottish prizewinner. You effectively have to just about win all five of your games there to get a share of the prizemoney. It is still a good tournament though but from all accounts not nearly as good as it was when played in the Winter Gardens,

Robin.
Quote:You effectively have to just about win all five of your games there to get a share of the prizemoney.

much more difficult to do that if you are in a higher section (or 2) from what you would have been previously. Sad
If you play in an event in England can it be CS rated?
Yes, but at most English tournaments you will have to submit your own results to Dougie.
Patrick McGovern Wrote:Andy the way they have set it up in England, especially at Blackpool means that a Scottish player will find it difficult to win there now. i had a bitter experience where they moved the goalposts 3 times in order to put me in the highest section possible. despite the fact that they broke their own rules and used different criteria for players in our party there was no right of appeal to their decision. ergo i did not go back.

Sad

I played there many years ago and suffered a similar fate regarding a grading prize. I don't recall the exact details now, but I was seriously pissed off at the decision and even more so by the complete lack of interest shown by the person in charge. I too have never played Blackpool since, despite the actual event being thoroughly enjoyable otherwise.
I agree Andy about Blackpool being a good experience; we (about 6 on average) went down regularly. We had a great time and despite not winning (apart from Elliot) we continued to go. Since the treatment meted out about the gradings we have not been back. Pity really Sad
From this year's Blackpool entry form...

"Grading history and other sources may be used to place a player in a higher section."

£36 to enter, £3.50 to park your car, no food and drink allowed to be taken in.