Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNCL
"We have a very low bar to hurdle. " I don't understand. Isn't your desire to win it? If not aren't you being defeatist?

" ... don't shoot ourselves in the foot as usual." But isn't that exactly what you are proposing by not giving juniors the opportunity to get used to increments? Isn't making comments about a very low bar to hurdle not the type of talk that will damage moral before we even start - sounds like shooting BOTH feet to me.
(22-10-2017, 02:21 PM)amuir Wrote: Last year we spent an unaccounted £33k to finish 5th. 

I can almost guarantee you that we didn't spend £33k on the Glorney team last year.
Lothian Junior Chess
http://www.ljc.org.uk
(22-10-2017, 02:50 PM)mclarke Wrote:
(22-10-2017, 02:21 PM)amuir Wrote: Last year we spent an unaccounted £33k to finish 5th. 

I can almost guarantee you that we didn't spend £33k on the Glorney team last year.

This! Andy M what an idiotic thing to say... 'unaccounted' also suggests impropriety which is totally out of line! Dodgy

I've also reported your post, you cant go around posting half truths and lies and badge them up as facts! Who do you think you are? Donald Trump?
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
(22-10-2017, 02:21 PM)amuir Wrote: The Glorney will be fine. We have a very low bar to hurdle. Last year we spent an unaccounted £33k to finish 5th. So let's get behind the team and the manager and don't shoot ourselves in the foot as usual. I can't really talk about the location or makeup of the squad as it has not been selected yet. I never got trained on clock play in my day.

In the absence of thermo-nuclear warfare, some other man-made disaster or some unforeseen global natural disaster, the earth is predicted to die out in about 500million years or so. Could you please stop posting until after the rest of us have left the planet? Thanks in advance.
How did we get from increments to thermo nuclear war in an afternoon?

If you have a 10am sharp start time, then

1) A 30 move game would end at 1.30pm at the very latest.
2) A 60 move game would end at 2.00pm at the very latest. (this is when all games should have finished assuming the start was on time last season).
3) A 90 move game would end at 2.30pm at the very latest. How many of them were there last year in reality?
4) A 120 move game would end at 3.00pm at the very latest. How many of them were there last year in reality?

If 90 move games are going to be the norm, then bring forward the start to 9.30am.

Are we back on topic now?
John Watkins
Actually one thing I'll point out is that getting an earlier start time isn't good for people that don't drive. Getting to Dunfermline with public transport already isn't easy on a Sunday morning (for example no trains from Edinburgh arrive at Dunfermline before 10:35 on a Sunday) and making start earlier is likely to limit the already limited options to get there on time. If it's on a Saturday then it's a lot easier but on Sundays starting earlier is likely to reduce entrants
when did this discussion turn into a discussion for the Glorney ?

Before anyone replies, this is a rhetorical question.

Anyway rest assured Glorney preparations are underway so no need to get edgy and no more personal attacks please.
Just to be clear are CS and the mods sayings its okay to post 'alternative facts' and make grandiose statements which have no factual basis? 

Opinions are one thing but being truthful with data is important and treating fellow posters with respect is equally so. Inferring wrong doing with no basis is simply wrong and mods shouldn't be afraid to call it out. You're not just here for personal attacks!

Back to SNCL I suppose...
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
(23-10-2017, 07:30 PM)David Deary Wrote: Just to be clear are CS and the mods sayings its okay to post 'alternative facts' and make grandiose statements which have no factual basis? 

Opinions are one thing but being truthful with data is important and treating fellow posters with respect is equally so. Inferring wrong doing with no basis is simply wrong and mods shouldn't be afraid to call it out. You're not just here for personal attacks!

Back to SNCL I suppose...

I fully agree with David here. It's getting beyond ridiculous and is the main reason I stopped discussing the selection criteria in the other thread. If the tinfoil hat person/people were dealt with, the angry voices in reply would not be necessary and the moderators job would be made easier. Root cause and all that.

Back to SNCL I suppose (again)...
Folks,

When will you learn? It's ok for one individual to post incessantly that ChessScotland is corrupt and has fiddled £33k from last years accounts. There is no problem with that whatsoever. However, if you say anything against the person making those allegations, the moderator will be down on you right away.