Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNCL
Apologies I have had trouble accessing this new forum. Finally discovered it was because my Wanadoo email has been removed by EE 

Please look at CS Home page for entry form and letter.  Send me an email with your team name and pay me on the day.

Big thx

GG
Teams from last year still to confirm

Division 2
IPCC

Division 4
Musselburgh

I'll release fixtures in Division order as they fill
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
What times do rounds start ? 10.00 or 10.15 ?
What is time control ?
With increments, the games have no fixed end time.
If my first game lasts a long time e.g. 80 -150 moves , will I be guaranteed an hour break before the 2nd game starts as I will be shattered ?
Andy M,

Don't worry about it, it'll be good prep for the Glorney. As Glorney chief coach you won't have time for lunch at the event. You might make it for your tea though...
When is the cut off date for entries?
(18-10-2017, 07:53 AM)amuir Wrote: What times do rounds start ? 10.00 or 10.15 ?
What is time control ?
With increments, the games have no fixed end time.
If my first game lasts a long time e.g. 80 -150 moves , will I be guaranteed an hour break before the 2nd game starts as I will be shattered ?

10:00

90+30s

No, but then you never got an hour break at SNCL
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
half-hour break ? no break ?
why have these new time controls ? 
in most offices you legally must have half-hour breaks - but chess is intense concentration
(18-10-2017, 08:53 PM)amuir Wrote: half-hour break ? no break ?
in most offices you legally must have half-hour breaks - but chess is intense concentration

Stamina is an important part of modern chess - adapt to the new situation.
(18-10-2017, 08:53 PM)amuir Wrote: half-hour break ? no break ?

No break?   Wouldn't do that.  Would delay the start of affected matches as we did in Perth last year (first time we have done that)
Don't know how much attention you have been paying to the laws of chess but non incremental games are pretty much being phased out.  Was proposed at the SNCL agm and approved.  Modernisation and all that/

Last time I checked we were not an office...

Hamilton are yet to enter so unless you are playing for someone else, could be a moot point!
Hi Guys
as a new convert to incremental time controls. What happens if one game hasnt finished by the time round two is supposed to start. Does the whole round have to wait until that game is finished. Can the players insist on any break after such a long game? Do the players get kicked out of round two for causing such nonsense ?