Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player of the Year
Still a few days to get your vote in for Player of the year.

Voting is online and can be found under the membership tab!!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
I cannot use the online voting, though a CS member.
Computer won't allow me
Can you be a bit more specific as to what the problem is?
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
When I click on the page for the voting, it says it is for members only
Try logging in and out. Checked the back end and you are a member
I have just voted for the player of the year, or at least I think I have! You are asked to give three pieces of information name, membership number and E-mail address and warned that your vote will not be counted if one of these pieces of information is not correct, but what does this mean? Firstly, I have no idea what E-mail address chess Scotland has registered for me, but do I need spell my name with a capital letter, will Matt Turner count, or must it be Matthew? Is a middle name required? It all seems a bit more complicated than it needs to be.
Matt or Matthew.

It is two fold. I can confirm your details from the three pieces of information and we can also check that the email address we have for you is correct! With the online vote for the AGM we found 5 changes of Email address that had not been given to us (but were able to verify were correct)
(08-09-2017, 03:15 PM)Andy Howie Wrote: Matt or Matthew.  

It is two fold.  I can confirm your details from the three pieces of information and we can also check that the email address we have for you is correct!  With the online vote for the AGM we found 5 changes of Email address that had not been given to us (but were able to verify were correct)

Andy,
Thanks for the response, I had assumed that there was some sort of automated checking system, but a manual sytem that checks E-mail addresses makes a lot of sense.  I wonder if it is worth E-mailing voters to 'thank them for voting', so that they know that their vote has been cast and you can be doubly sure the E-mail is correct.
Not working for me.
George,

I think voting is closed - "I'll open the poll on 2nd September until midnight on the 9th," unless you tried before then.