Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grand Prix 2016-2017 - now complete
Grand Prix 2016-2017

https://www.chessscotland.com/grading/grand-prix/

The Grand Prix figures are finalised July 27 after the addition of the 2017 Scottish Championships. These are included twice in GP calculations as last event of 2017 and first of 2018 season. They will only count for grading in the new 2018 season.

Congratulations to the prizewinners. Prize distributions will start at Marymass - all will be notified.

Meanwhile if anyone spots any errors in calculations please let us know immediately: "grading at chessscotland.com" The individual winner list will appear shortly as a website news item after these final checks.

Thanks to our sponsors: Chessbase, New in Chess magazine and Chess Essentials bookstall. All have agreed to continue their support into the new 2018 season. 

Thanks to programmers Gordon Rattray and Andrew McHarg who continue to provide invaluable support to the grading system - of which the GP is an offshoot.
Could you explain how the multiplier works in the Junior Grand Prix please?  I would have thought that at an event with a multiplier of 2 a score of 4/5 would give 8 GP points whereas it gives 16.  

Thanks.
All the info is here Rules

The relevant bit is

Junior GP Multipliers
Scores in junior one day events will be unadjusted
Scores in junior league ancillary events will be unadjusted
Scores in junior two day events (non allegro) will be doubled 
Scores in adult weekend events will be quadrupled
Scores in adult allegro events will be doubled 
Scores in adult one round a week events will be doubled 
Scores in adult league ancillary events will be doubled

The maximum GP points available in a one day event is 12.

I am guessing the 4/5 was in an adult weekend event and was Quadrupled
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Thanks.  I should've read the rules.
Thanks for comments. There were a couple of events which had not been correctly marked as junior status which had resulted in an incorrect multiplier. The GP charts have now been updated. A winner list should go up tomorrow after final checks.