Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stirling Congress
Stirling Congress this weekend and we are trying a new thing, assuming Wi-Fi at the venue.

For results and pairings in the Open click here - http://ayrshirechess.co.uk/wwwOpen/index.html

For results and pairing in the Challengers click here - http://ayrshirechess.co.uk/wwwChallengers/index.html

You may require to refresh the page (press F5) when on it to see the latest page.

1st round pairings are now available, these are subject to change dependent on appearance of entrants. Challengers changed due to late entrant.
Open round 1 results and provisional round 2 pairing now available.
Challengers round 1 results and provisional round 2 pairing now available.
results now appearing as they happen, 2 in the Challengers so far, and 1 in the Open.

We are also hosting the Nancy Elder Final between Tom Constance of Castlehill and Jim Kleboe of Kilmarnock.
on those same links, John? I'm seeing only a blank chart with player data on, but nothing else...

(28-04-2017, 09:32 PM)JMcNicoll Wrote: Open round 1 results and provisional round 2 pairing now available.
Challengers round 1 results and provisional round 2 pairing now available.

(29-04-2017, 10:18 AM)Graham Kerr Wrote: on those same links, John? I'm seeing only a blank chart with player data on, but nothing else...

scratch that... i found my way to the data... sorry
Open round 2 results and round 3 pairings now available.

Challengers round 2 results and round 3 pairing are now available.

Jim Kleboe won the Nancy Elder, if you're interested.
Open round 3 results and round 4 draw now available.

Challenger round 3 results and round 4 pairing now available
(28-04-2017, 09:35 AM)JMcNicoll Wrote: Stirling Congress this weekend and we are trying a new thing, assuming Wi-Fi at the venue.

For results and pairings in the Open click here - http://ayrshirechess.co.uk/wwwOpen/index.html

For results and pairing in the Challengers click here - http://ayrshirechess.co.uk/wwwChallengers/index.html

You may require to refresh the page (press F5) when on it to see the latest page.

1st round pairings are now available, these are subject to change dependent on appearance of entrants. Challengers changed due to late entrant.

A very good clear and well presented display from Vega.

Do you have any options to display different fields, such as FIDE Rating on the Pairings page?
All round 5 results and pairings for both sections are now available.

After all the results are in you would think that would be that, but you're not taking into account the "Gary" factor.

Every prize (of 6) must be tie broken using Direct encounter first and then Armageddon games until there is a winner.

So expect prizewinners to post here around 10, if we're lucky.
Challengers final results and standings now available.

Open now also available.

I hope you found this of some use or interest during the weekend.
Thanks to all who enter the 1st Stirling Chess Congress held over the weekend at the excellent Stirling Court Hotel. Thanks also to John McNicoll for arbiting and photographing the event, Chess Scotland for the use of their equipment and to all who kindly donated to the congress.

Prizes

Open
Winner: IM Mark Orr (4/5) £200 & free entry to Largs Viking 2017 and Stirling 2018 Chess Congresses
Main Grading: Baha Eksioglu (3.5/5) free entry to Largs Viking 2017 and Stirling 2018 Chess Congresses
U 1500 Grading: Peter McEwan (3/5) free entry to Largs Viking 2017 and Stirling 2018 Chess Congresses

Challengers
Winner: David Hewitt (4/5) £100 & free entry to Largs Viking 2017 and Stirling 2018 Chess Congresses
Main Grading: Ruairidh McKay (3.5/5) free entry to Largs Viking 2017 and Stirling 2018 Chess Congresses
U 1175 Grading: Andrew Sutherland (3/5) free entry to Largs Viking and Stirling 2018 Chess Congresses

4 Armageddon matches were needed to seperate players tied on score, I am pleased to be 2 hours ahead of John's schedule!
Thanks for all the coverage guys! Nice to be able to follow friends and students over the weekend Smile

I am so used to chess-results that Vega looks a bit weird to me, but I do like the crosstables - and the pairings page isn't too bad either.

On another note, if anyone wants to write up a report or annotate a game or two from their weekend's experience please just drop me a line!!

All the best,
Andy Burnett