Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson, Spens & Campbell Rosebowl
Latest scores

Richardson

Spens

Campbell Rosebowl
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Poly have won the Richardson and Phones the Spens (Bellshill lose on board count if they win the final game)

All to play for still in the Rosebowl
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Hamilton win the Rosebowl
Any offers to write up a report, annotated games, photos etc. for the June issue of Scottish Chess magazine? June 1st deadline!

Thanks in advance for the expected flood of offers Wink

Cheers and congrats to all who reached the finals (especially the winners of each tournament!),

Andy Burnett
Hi Luke of Phones here. I just want to say thank you to the organisers (including Andy Howie and Alastair Maxwell) for providing excellent playing conditions yesterday, I can imagine a lot of time and effort goes into that kind of smooth-running of a large event, so a big shout-out to you guys! Photos taken are great - I have used some of them on Phones website (with credit supplied to Andy) - hope that is OK.

Commiserations to our opponents Bellshill who were very sporting and ran us close in all games - it really could have gone either way. We will see them in the Glasgow League first division next season and hopefully the Richardson, even if we feel daunted getting eight players for that together!!

I was going to ask also, who should we (Phones) contact to find out if there is a possibility to acquire another individual trophy for one of our players? Pavlos played in earlier rounds, and we feel he really deserves a trophy as much as the rest of us, so if this is allowed it would be great to get one somehow. 

Apologies if someone else has already emailed you about this or it is not permitted, just wanted to ask.

thanks again,

Luke
it's me Luke If you wish I'll organise another trophy
(18-04-2017, 07:48 AM)Ianbrownlee Wrote: it's me Luke If you wish I'll organise another trophy

Hi Ian - ah many thanks for reply - that would be great! Thank you also for all your fine work in organising the day as well. I have discuss with John M. at our club and we can cover costs if you need us to? 

cheers, 
Luke
(18-04-2017, 12:50 PM)lukebarker Wrote:
(18-04-2017, 07:48 AM)Ianbrownlee Wrote: it's me Luke If you wish I'll organise another trophy

Hi Ian - ah many thanks for reply - that would be great! Thank you also for all your fine work in organising the day as well. I have discuss with John M. at our club and we can cover costs if you need us to? 

cheers, 
Luke

dont worry about it I'll organise the trophy tomorrow and get it along to you asap
Luke, 

Never a problem Big Grin

Andy
hi - hey brilliant, thanks both Smile