Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorney
Pete, I don't see how anyone could disagree with that it's eminently sensible. 

All I can think is there are perhaps some circumstances as to why this hasn't happened. However, the process should be robust enough to avoid curve balls.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
"
International Team Tournament From the 16-18 July a junior international event will be held at the same venue.  There are 4 sections (U18 Open, U18 Girls, U16 and U12).  Countries competing are Scotland, England, Ireland, Wales, Netherlands and France.  Players in these competitions may enter the International Open with a 30% discount if before 30 April, 2018.
"
Is this referring to the Glorney event? If so, will it not be a little hard for them to apply before April 30th given the selections won't be done till June....?!
There are a few of us pushing for earlier selections, this will help with fundraising and training,so selections might be much sooner.
(21-04-2018, 07:55 PM)PeterReidSmith Wrote: "
International Team Tournament From the 16-18 July a junior international event will be held at the same venue.  There are 4 sections (U18 Open, U18 Girls, U16 and U12).  Countries competing are Scotland, England, Ireland, Wales, Netherlands and France.  Players in these competitions may enter the International Open with a 30% discount if before 30 April, 2018.
"
Is this referring to the Glorney event? If so, will it not be a little hard for them to apply before April 30th given the selections won't be done till June....?!

I'm back in the country now.  Smile

I'll attempt to get the April 30th extended to end May for the 30% discount (Glorney event players) and post formally on the website when I get the formal agreement.

The selections will also be completed before June.
Is anyone able to say when the invitations are being made to the players? A player I consider a 100% certainty to be selected has been in touch to say they have had no contact from ChessScotland.
Robin,

Apologies, I didn't know you were a selector, or that we were required to publish when selections are due to go out.

The timing of invitations is a matter for the various selectors and these are currently being dealt with.

Nor do we wish to create false expectations based on views/opinions of non-selectors.

We will not make any announcements regarding selections until all invitations have been sent and formal acceptances have been received.
If a player, wishes to make enquiries regarding selections then it should be done to Chess Scotland officials directly.

Nor will this be discussed any further on the forum at this time. There are teams working very hard on all things Glorney you can be rest assured of that. Can I ask you to just let them do their job?

Invitations are going out as the selectors make their decisions - please leave it at that!
i know i dont need to add to anything Jim has stated here but could i add that Jim is absolutely right. All members of the Glorney committee and the selectors are fully aware of the process and the current status. As Jim has just stated any parent can casually approach any Glorney official at any time with any queries they may have. Everybody involved is working to an agreed schedule which is on time. I can also assure you Robin that everything is in place as per the agreed plan constructed by the Glorney commitee. I'm surprised given your apparent concerns you didnt approach me when we were both at Bellshill a couple of weeks ago.
Ian,

I didn't have any particular concerns a couple of weeks ago but I have now.
Here is the rough Irish squad if it's any help...

Glorney- Peter Carroll, Denis Ruchko, Conor Nolan, Jacob Flynn, Daniil Zelenchuk, Alex Goss.

Gilbert- Eibhia Ni Mhuireagain, Kynesha Ryder, Aoife Castle.

Robinson- Utkarsh Gupta, David Remenyik, Adam Murphy, Eoin Farrelly, Eoin Hunter, Adam Collins.

Stokes- Con Kirby, Benjamin Murray, Kavin Venkatesan, Patrik Brozynski, Zhengjn Wang, Thomas Cooney.
i dont understand your concerns Robin, given assurances given from Jim and myself. and speaking as the admin director, you certainly appear to have more information than I have. Why dont you speak to a chess scotland official or Glorney committee member. I personally will be releasing information at the correct time on the CS website and the forum, but I will not prematurely release any information. In the meantime if you contact myself i will happily let you know what's happening. I am also playing at both the stewarton allegro and in Iain Fraser's allegro tournament in Prestwick if anyone wants a quicjk chat about it