Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New website
Cheers Andrew. I am wanting to update the entries to the Stirling Congress but see nothing on the event page to do so. Is it elsewhere?
(14-04-2017, 12:14 PM)Alan McGowan Wrote: Please tell me what is happening (or not) with the History Archive.
Thank you.

I agree - we seemed to have wiped out 200 years of Scottish chess history at a stroke (and all Alan's work of over 30 years). Oh well , they didn't use increments then and they might have used 40 in 2.5 hours + adjournments so we don't need all that dinosaur stuff.
(14-04-2017, 12:14 PM)Alan McGowan Wrote: Please tell me what is happening (or not) with the History Archive.
Thank you.

Hi Alan

I think the history archives are a very interesting addition to the website and I know a lot of people enjoy reading them, so apologies that they are currently difficult to find. I'm going to make all the historic history archives available on the website soon. The way we'd like to go forward with future additions to the history archive is to post them as "Posts" in the category "history-archives", rather than the older method of creating a new page for each article. They will then be visible (in chronological order and paginated) here: https://www.chessscotland.com/news-categ...-archives/

The benefits of the new approach are that it's easier to manipulate the data at a later stage and change the format of the articles. It's also considerably easier to search through them all and organise them. If you can email me some time within the next few days (andrew.mcharg@sky.com) I'll send you login details to access the control panel so you can make new posts to the history archives. Shy

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Andrew
(14-04-2017, 02:42 PM)Adam Bremner Wrote:
(13-04-2017, 11:06 PM)Andrew McHarg Wrote: ...I have updated your membership status on the website so you can now look at member-only content.

Any chance you can do this for me too once you have the time? I renewed it last month, but it is showing me as a non-member. Cheers.

This has now been done. Just let me know if any issues accessing the member-only content.

Andrew
(14-04-2017, 05:20 PM)Andy McCulloch Wrote: Has the real names policy been abandoned?

Don't think so. I believe Andy Howie and Jim Webster are still keen on using real names. Big Grin
(14-04-2017, 05:34 PM)Gary McPheator Wrote: Cheers Andrew. I am wanting to update the entries to the Stirling Congress but see nothing on the event page to do so. Is it elsewhere?

Hi Gary

I have added you as entry secretary for this event. This should give you the controls to add and modify entrants (and sections) for the Stirling Congress as you wish on the Stirling Congress page. Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Andrew
(14-04-2017, 09:44 PM)amuir Wrote:
Thank you.

I agree - we seemed to have wiped out 200 years of Scottish chess history at a stroke (and all Alan's work of over 30 years). Oh well , they didn't use increments then and they might have used 40 in 2.5 hours + adjournments so we don't need all that dinosaur stuff.

Definitely not - just a temporary shortage of links to the history archive information. It's on my to do list (it's quite a long list Confused  - but I'll get through it). Just takes time, really.   Tongue

Thanks for your patience.
Hi Andrew

I am unsure what I need do in order to add entries to the Ayr Congress. Douglas gave me access on the 6th April with Pnum 23469. But if I try and re-register, I get "email already in use".

Sorry, I am just unfamiliar with these new logins I have just aquired.

David
(15-04-2017, 01:43 PM)David Clayton Wrote: Hi Andrew

I am unsure what I need do in order to add entries to the Ayr Congress. Douglas gave me access on the 6th April with Pnum 23469. But if I try and re-register, I get "email already in use".

Sorry, I am just unfamiliar with these new logins I have just aquired.

David

Hi David

Any login details given before the new website went live will not work on the new website. I had a look on the registered users on the new website and I see your name in there (I remember you registered a few days ago). I have now given access to that account to allow you to add / edit entrants and sections on the Ayr Congress (www.chessscotland.com/news-post/ayr-congress). Please login with the details you registered with the other day and then navigate to this event. You should now see various controls to add and edit entrants etc. If you don't, or otherwise can't access your account, please just send me an email and I'll get it sorted (andrew.mcharg@sky.com). Cool

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew, are area graders no longer getting access to the grading system?