Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New website
(25-04-2017, 12:31 PM)mclarke Wrote: @Andrew McHarg

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but some of the files seem to be missing that are associated with news posts - such as the AGM files with Director Reports, Minutes and Accounts. Any chance these can be restored?
Thanks,
Martin

Hi Martin

The files should exist on the server, it's just a case of the links being broken. Whenever you see a link that has /news/wp-content, the same link without the /news part should bring up the content.

We are working through all the links in news and pages to correct the broken ones. It's just a slow process because there are lots of them. We did solve a lot of the links programatically when the new website went live, but some were missed.

Regards
Andrew
(25-04-2017, 02:11 PM)AndrewGreen Wrote: I really like the new website. Thank you Andrew! Keep up the good work.

Cheers Andrew.  Shy
(26-04-2017, 09:56 AM)No, Not using Chrome Andrew McHarg Wrote:
(24-04-2017, 09:30 PM)Arthur Mulholland Wrote:
(24-04-2017, 12:01 AM)Andrew McHarg Wrote:
(23-04-2017, 08:16 PM)Arthur Mulholland Wrote: Still having trouble logging onto new site from smartphone. Any ideas?

Hi Arthur

Can you please let me know what trouble you are having logging in from a Smartphone? Also, which Smartphone are you using? Are you able to login alright on a computer or tablet?

Thanks
Andrew

Andrew,

It's a Galaxy 5. When I go to the site it just states "this webpage is not available"

when I click on details

ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY

Thanks for the info Arthur. Are you using the Chrome browser?

Regards
Andrew

No, not using Chrome
I've got to say I really like the new website as well.
Could  I please be added as the entries secretary for the Largs Viking Chess Congress on the event  page of the website so I can show the current entrants for the event. I have emailed a couple of people about it but no luck yet. Many thanks if you can help!
hey Gary are you going to the rapidplay or do I have to ask my new prestwick team mates
Gary, 

You should be now

Andy
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Cheers Andy, much appreciated.

Ian, I'll let you know by Wednesday as I should hopefully have arranged transport by then. Can't have you representing Prestwick all on your own!
Appreciate a lot of effort has probably gone into the website however would make the point that it does not work on windows xp machines, it's also hard to find links to some things e.g league results. Also can no longer view live grades? Forcing people to become members just to view live grades seems a bit over the top, especially if you are proposing using them for team orders in some events!
(10-05-2017, 10:52 AM)JRedpath Wrote: Appreciate a lot of effort has probably gone into the website however would make the point that it does not work on windows xp machines, it's also hard to find links to some things e.g league results. Also can no longer view live grades? Forcing people to become members just to view live grades seems a bit over the top, especially if you are proposing using them for team orders in some events!

Any particular reason you (or your teammates if you mean one or some of them) aren't CS members Joe?