Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edinburgh Congress 2017
Will there be any live boards from this year's event?
Nope
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Excellent turnout - I'm away or would have played

be handy if we could get the odd game and results.

Hamish Olson sends classic auto playing matches via facebook - chess.com format - must be a way of testing that format somewhere and perhaps we could create a closed group so its going to players that want it *-Smile
(Provisional) Draw on Chess-Results.com

Unfortunately no wi-fi at the venue so no live updates.
Alan Tate has withdrawn.

Revised draw with minimum disruption.
Some Internet access.

Will update infrequently on chess-results.com

All draws are provisional (activating get out clause!)
Some internet access???

It is a binary state, you have it or you don't. Will try to link the 4 sections together
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Linked the 4 tournaments together. Can all be accessed here http://chess-results.com/tnr272728.aspx?...t=0&wi=821
As Alex G has already said, is an excellent turn out. Seeing I have highlighted concern over the dwindling numbers of events in the past, seems only right to highlight this. Was about 170 approx from memory last year. 200 Approx this year is amazing, given the trends.

Well done to the organisers. There was never much wrong with Edinburgh, pound for pound is probably the best weekender on the circuit. I am sadly skipping it this w/e not by choice.
Jonathan Livingstone Wrote:As Alex G has already said, is an excellent turn out. Seeing I have highlighted concern over the dwindling numbers of events in the past, seems only right to highlight this. Was about 170 approx from memory last year. 200 Approx this year is amazing, given the trends.

Well done to the organisers. There was never much wrong with Edinburgh, pound for pound is probably the best weekender on the circuit. I am sadly skipping it this w/e not by choice.

Going to the new Stirling event (April 28th - 30th), Jonathan?
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine