Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proxy Votes
That is an interesting idea!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Good, I was due one of those!
don't I/A's get 20k per annum already? =|
If not why not? Big Grin
Patrick McGovern Wrote:don't I/A's get 20k per annum already? =|
If not why not? Big Grin

That thud you heard was Alex and Lara falling off their seats in laughter
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
To minimise the risk of some-one turning up to the AGM with 30 proxies in their pocket, why not just set a limit (e.g. 3) on the number of proxy votes any one person can use?
Proxy votes are meant to be a benefit for the person who cannot attend, not the person who can.
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine
I really like Gary's idea here of an "online agm". This I am sure will be unacceptable to many of our members but we need to think in modern, progressive ways if we are to move forward. What chance has a parent of a chess playing junior from Inverness, Oban, Dumfries or Aberdeen eg of casting a proper vote under the present setup? Look everyone, I don't want to isolate any members from their opportunity to put forward a valued opinion, but we need to have as many members as possible using their vote. One major issue that I feel we must address is this...

How can we encourage chess players throughout Scotland to become ChessScotland members? Do we cajole, encourage, invite them to tea?

Do we go on the offensive like the the ECF and penalise them for not being members? Errm...no, but I can see their objective.

Hey, how about this?...Should we increase fees dramatically for weekend congresses but proportionately increase discounts for ChessScotland members?... With provisos, namely new congress players get massive help financially.

Robin.
Quote:Do we go on the offensive like the the ECF and penalise them for not being members?

Just noticed this and given the way the ECF operate I'm glad no one is going the ECF way Big Grin