Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players needed!
Hi all,
I recently received this interesting request/enquiry. Anyone interested please PM me and I will put you in touch with Mr Chadwick.
Kind regards,
Andy Burnett

Dear Editor
I am a Chess player who sometimes could beat my mum, especially if I could ply her with wine during the game. In other words I am just another player who loves to play.

However, I also sculpt wood with a chainsaw and have carved a Chess set in wood - think of Harry Potter, Philosophers Stone where Ron played a game. My pieces are full size (king 2m tall) and abstract in design.

On May 20th I am hosting my 70th birthday bash to include the chess inaugural match and I welcome a couple of Scottish players of distinction to play this match.

The venue is Forss Cottage KW14 7XY in my woods.

It is an all day event including Judo demo, assault course and other games treasure hunt, big camp fire, string quartet, big band, dancing on the chess board, which is in the woods, food and beer provided, marquee and camping facilities.

Enclosed a pic of the chess set all of whom move on castors. They will look smart and tidy on the day!
So, do you think a pair of players from Chess Scotland would be interested?

Regards Andrew Chadwick
Can't we see the pic of the chess set?
Hi all,

Andrew has now found a player for this - many thanks for your interest!

@Brendan, If I knew how to upload a pic on the forum I''d share the set here :/ I'm guessing the IMG button requires a 'dropbox' address or similar??

Cheers,
Andy
andyburnett Wrote:Hi all,

Andrew has now found a player for this - many thanks for your interest!

@Brendan, If I knew how to upload a pic on the forum I''d share the set here :/ I'm guessing the IMG button requires a 'dropbox' address or similar??

Cheers,
Andy
Pop it on your Facebook page then include a link to that
came across 3 player chess board https://www.amazon.co.uk/3-Man-Chess/dp/B004FX4TYG

(Notice again king and queen round wrong way, I'm still sure that's a conspiracy )

perhaps a 3 way tie break solution! Just need a 3 way chess clock. then again where would you place the clock? https://www.wallstreetgifts.com/three-ti...-gift.html
What a beautiful thing. Bishop moves look like fun

3 way tie break - Lol. Maybe the clock can go on a circular rail, and move round the outside, as in a train set
Just noticed how small the squares are on the 6 rank (or whatever that might be called) is - i'd want it bigger so "were going to need a bigger board"

Not sure if there should be a 7th /8th rank ?

Clock problem sorted, it can go in the inner circle as you will always have that

On the plus side I think the games can be recorded, 1. X4 .. cool!

I assume it will be last king standing wins. In tie break the two weaker players can gang up on the better player

Good for spectators and got to be fairer than current contentious tie breaks

Just found a cheaper board with a video, seems you can ignore the inner circle! https://www.vat19.com/item/three-man-chess
Just watched some of the video, its hilarious !
The video is funny. The size of the board space might mean the game lacks the contact of the 8x8. 48 pieces/144 squares = board 1/3 occupied, rather than the usual 1/2. The ones with smaller boards at the bottom of the Amazon link might be better to play.

Anyone ever played any of these?
No more worrying about getting your bishop onto the long diagonal.