Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The History Updates
I just want to say how much a appreciate this material. It is simply a joy to read and always packed full with fascinating material from our heritage. As a national record I think it is important and so full of such amazing people. In short, I love it. Thank you Alan!
I love the History stuff too!

I had a go at identifying a few folks in the Tom Borland pictures...

In the Bothwell congress photo the guy on the left wearing the sheepskin looks very like T.H Kerr (Thomson) who was a maths teacher at my school (Greenwood) and played for Troon and Ardrossan. He was a tall very skinny guy but he looks as though he is standing on a level below the others!

In the 1970 Ayr knights photo the guy third from the left is 10 times Ayrshire champion and I believe former Scottish boys champion W.L Kelly (Billy). He still plays for Ardrossan and regularly fixes my old washing machine!

In the Lanarkshire congress 1972 pic the blond guy third from the left is J.P.R Kleboe still playing with Kilmarnock.

In the 1976 Glasgow congress it is indeed J.C Parkes (Jack) still playing with Largs.
Thanks folks. Nice to know some people look at the material!
I suspect there will be other IDs on players in the next little while, so I will hold off for a for some time before making additions/corrections.
Much historical material has been lost over the years, so it is always a pleasure to receive such interesting memorabilia. Thanks to Tom Borland, and to Mel Burt for passing on the archive.
Clear these attics!

Cheers, Alan McGowan