Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNCL
The power of the noticeboard Smile
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Paisley have entered. Cumbernauld unfortunately have had to pull out.
if anyone is looking for players Ian nomates hasnt got a team yet
Ianbrownlee Wrote:if anyone is looking for players Ian nomates hasnt got a team yet
You could have helped make up the Cumbernauld numbers Ian. Sadly I was still desiring to play in the S.N.C.L.
I would also offer my services to any team needing a player. My current grade is 1556 and I have transport.
Any Players without teams feel free to turn up on day. As you know other teams sometimes have default boards and you could get gradable friendlies.
Can you get a chip roll at the venue?
Jonathan Livingstone Wrote:Can you get a chip roll at the venue?

Why would anyone want such an overload of carbs in one meal?
Am a fussy eater and I like a filling cheapo hot meal be it brekkie, lunch or dinner when playing chess. Recall Glynnis said previously there *might* be egg rolls in the morning, that would be great if there is. Had a look on google map and McDonald's and KFC are a short walk away.
No chips at venue. Go to McDonald's.
Perfect example of no matter how hard I try I can't please everyone!!!
I was asked by a few people why we had to change the time control to 40 moves. (Personally I preferred the 30 moves)

I refer to the FIDE handbook and the section on FIDE Rating Regulations

Quote:1.
Rate of Play

For a game to be rated, each player must have the following minimum periods in which to complete all the moves, assuming the game lasts 60 moves.
Where at least one of the players in the tournament has a rating 2200 or higher, each player must have a minimum of 120 minutes.
Where at least one of the players in the tournament has a rating 1600 or higher, each player must have a minimum of 90 minutes.
Where all the players in the tournament are rated below 1600, each player must have a minimum of 60 minutes.

Games played with all the moves at a rate faster than the above are excluded from the list.

Where a certain number of moves is specified in the first time control, it shall be 40 moves.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"