Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renfrewshire Congress January 2012
Does anyone know what's happening with this? A few of us at Paisley Chess Club have been trying to contact Paul Blair about this, with absolutely no success. Thanks in advance.
Hi Colin,

I am trying to find out as well

Andy
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Has anything been forthcoming about this event? As far as I am concerned it would be pretty local, and I had been looking forward to it.

The website has not been updated since August, and surely it is getting a little late.
I am a bit concerned about this Congress..

My cheque has not been cashed.
The person running the Congress does not answer their phone
The venue say they only have a provisional booking
A member of the Paisley Chess Club(the organiser is a member) told me over the phone that they have been trying to contact the guy for 5 weeks to no avail!!

Is this Congress actually going to happen?

I`m in a bit of a situation as I would need to take time off work ,book accommodation,travel costs etc to do it..I`d hate to turn up and find its was not happening?

Can any member shed some light on this?
I have the same problem as everyone else. I have no idea whatsoever if the congress is going ahead. I have even written to Paul to see if I can get a reply. I am quite concerned about Paul as he seems to have just disappeared and I truly hope it is nothing serious
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
I have tried several times since my first post to contact Paul Blair- without success. He has not replied to any e-mails. He has also not turned up to Paisley Chess Club since November- he defaulted a league match against Hamilton on 7 December. I have absolutely no idea what has happened to Paul. My own suspicion is that the event will not take place
Colin Macgregor
Secretary Paisley Chess Club
I hadn't made my mind up on whether to play this event and was still considering it as of today. In truth, as it is so close to home (Ayrshire) I can still make my mind up next week but for those further afield with accommodation to book and travelling arrangements it will be a different story.

I hope Paul is okay and this event goes ahead but the signs are ominous. Sad
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
I would have liked to enter too, but having read the comments here, i'm not so sure.
Do any of you Paisley guys live close enough to pay him a visit? If for nothing else, but to check that he is ok
Graham, I'm afraid Paul lives in Glasgow. Also,I'm afraid I don't run a car. I'm trying to get hold of Paul, but with no success. Sorry
Colin Macgregor
Paisley CC Secretary
I might have the wrong guy, but I think Paul requested to be deleted from the forum around November time. I can't remember the reason - but it was during (and possibly to do with) a debate in one of the topics around that time that he was participating in (I think).

Pretty strange, I hope he's okay.