Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chess Scotland AGM - motions and candidates
12.6. Nominations for elections must be received by the Executive Director in writing (including e-mail) at least three weeks before the meeting, and must be proposed and seconded by current members, and confirm the consent of the nominee to serve.

12.7. Any proposals for consideration at the AGM must be received by the Executive Director in writing (including e-mail) at least three weeks before the meeting, and must be proposed and seconded by current members.

The deadlines are therefore 6th August.

Proposal : All adult Scottish champions (i.e. main and senior) must be affiliated to Scotland (e.g. SCO on FIDE list)

Nomination: Andrew Muir to be International Director and International Director – Junior.

If anyone wishes to propose/second me in these matters to ensure the highest standards in Chess Scotland are debated at the AGM, please email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:andrew.muir@blueyonder.co.uk">andrew.muir@blueyonder.co.uk</a><!-- e -->.

Negative comments are not appreciated.
amuir Wrote:Proposal : All adult Scottish champions (i.e. main and senior) must be affiliated to Scotland (e.g. SCO on FIDE list)

Seconded
Firstly, that motion is already on the order paper having been referred there by council

Secondly

"Any proposals for consideration at the AGM must be received by the Executive Director in writing (including e-mail) at least three weeks before the meeting, and must be proposed and seconded by current members. "

Noticeboard does not count for the submission...

Date of AGM was announced at least a month ago...

"
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
I have been informed that the wording of my motion should be improved.

I would like the motion to be revised to read as follows:

The current rules to be eligible to be Scottish Champion are set out in Section A of “Scottish Champion Entry Rules”: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chessscotland.com/csinfo/Rules/Scottish_Championship_Entry_Rules_14.pdf">http://www.chessscotland.com/csinfo/Rul ... les_14.pdf</a><!-- m --> .

An additional sentence shall be added: To be eligible to be Scottish Champion or Scottish Senior Champion a player must also be FIDE registered as Scotland with a SCO code.

The revised wording needs to be seconded by George Neave or someone else.
Please remember that a post on the forum is NOT a formal submission of a motion. It will require to be submitted in accordance with the AGM calling notice.

You should also formally withdraw your earlier motion at the same time.
Jim
Thanks for that, if anyone wishes to second my motion please post here or email me and I will formally amend it by email.
It's all done now, proposers & seconders all in place