Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Team Lightning
A reminder that the Team Lightning is once again on the final day of the SNCL, after the AGM - Sunday 27 March. Entry form on the calendar section.
Please let me know of as many entries as possible in advance to assist planning (but pay entry fees at the event). Although I can probably take entries at the event, they should be a small proportion of the whole.
I shall probably be at the venue from about 2pm. Please try to see me as soon as possible after that to confirm entry numbers and pay. Thanks.
Bon Accord won ahead of Hamilton and Edinburgh, bringing to an end Hamilton's long run of successes. Full report will be on website in a couple of days or so.
Thanks for organising, wished there were more lightning events, definitely most enjoyable form of chess!

Well done to Bon Accord, deserved win in a close finish and brings to an end 12 consecutive wins for Hamilton. We will be back :p
well, that was my first lightning tournament and it was great and made new friends as well. No doubt my weird sense of humour didn't appeal to everybody but nevertheless a fun event anyway.

Anyway both as home director and as a player may I express my heartfelt thanks to Ken Stewart for organsing such an event. For your information Joe I am hoping to have more events both team and individual for the future. I am also hoping to inaugurate an individual annual fide rated rapid play event in the immediate future. You up for that Ken? I would love to hear from interested parties who may find this interesting
Well Bon Accord have now won Richardson & Lightning. Murad seems to have lucky charm.
Perhaps he can help us add the Glorney too before later joinng the Olympiad team in the future !
Joe , you beat IM's with ease, keep it going. Hamilton can still win the Glasgow League.
Yeah thanks to Ken for organising, and I agree with Joe it is the most enjoyable form of chess. Definitely the most fun day I've had with chess in a long time.

Thanks to Hamilton for their kind comments at the event and now. Very close event with a lot of hard games.
amuir Wrote:Well Bon Accord have now won Richardson & Lightning. Murad seems to have lucky charm.

Ah, but he wasn't present for the famous victory in the 2009 Campbell Rosebowl.
BA has always been a top club...