Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
London Classic
Nice to see the 2800 club playing. How McShane survived that I'll never know!

Also very nice to see some Scots down in the FIDE open. Goods win for Neil Berry and Julius Schwartz. Julius's reward being white vs Lawrence Webb.
Douglas McKerracher went down as black vs an IM. Neil Farrell and Clement Sreeves seemed to have a bit of an off day losing and drawing respectively. But long tournament so heres to a bit more luck in the next few rounds. Good luck all!

Calum
Agreed. Good luck to them all.

Carlsen-Howell was entertaining today. Quite amusing to see young Magnus steadfastly (and correctly, astonishingly enough) ignoring that exchange for six moves.
Good grief, Short-Kramnik was a demolition today.

Anybody know if there's a way to find out our guys' results before the whole draw gets updated?
Early results coming through. Wins for Douglas, Neil Farrell and Julius with another draw for Clement. Neil Berry is keeping up his current record of last to finish. And the commentary has gone down, just as it looked like Mickey was thinking about maybe saving this one. Sad . Still lost of course but weirder things have happened...

Calum
Smoooooooooth...
Nigel's not doing well is he? Howell, on the other hand, did excellently today. Can't say I saw McShane beating Mickey with Black coming - he really loves this event.

Good reward for Neil, up on 8 against Tiger tomorrow. He's getting some good opposition this year.
Now we have replaced the hamsters with gerbils the server will run smoothly
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy Howie Wrote:Now we have replaced the hamsters with gerbils the server will run smoothly
Dave is the hamster?
Cheers
Carl Hibbard
LOOOL!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
One can't but help admire part-timer Luke McShane's fresh and fearless play.
It is obvious now how to combat the top level draw problem everyone is complaining about - just make sure the players vary reasonably widely in rating.
The commentary is pretty good too... well, at least when they get the players in. Yesterday, Kramnik's commentary was absolutely first rate.
I'm just glad I am not there because then you can't follow the games if you have to play!