Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Livingston
Thanks Andy
Ian Robertson is playing a fabulous game vs Sanchez - beautiful Nd5! tactic followed by exploiting the pawn weaknesses ruthlessly!
(so far!)
Looking at G.Kerr v J.Watson in the Major. K+B v K+B+N+P.

Looks like it is going to come down to a K v K+N+B - can black find the checkmate?
Not if he doesn't know it! Suspect he will know it though.
did I give Ian bad luck?
Jonathan Livingstone Wrote:Looking at G.Kerr v J.Watson in the Major. K+B v K+B+N+P.

Looks like it is going to come down to a K v K+N+B - can black find the checkmate?

I have a feeling I might be using the 75 move rule in that one. Longest game I have ever been an arbiter for was a mammoth 168 mover in the Commonwealth. This could take it close
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
clearly ian didn't play Ka4, and if Sanchez played Ba8?? after Kxc4 then Ian might even be winning after a6!
Andy Howie Wrote:
Jonathan Livingstone Wrote:Looking at G.Kerr v J.Watson in the Major. K+B v K+B+N+P.

I have a feeling I might be using the 75 move rule in that one. Longest game I have ever been an arbiter for was a mammoth 168 mover in the Commonwealth. This could take it close

Can you remind me (and no doubt a few others) what the 75 move rule is again please? Its some update of the 50 move rule?
The players can claim after 50 moves. The arbiter will stop it after 5 fold repetition or 75 moves, watching this one like a hawk
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"