Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Livingston
Arbiter allowed to intervene and declare draw after 75 moves if either player could claim 50 move rule. Andy there is a fault with live boards - 42.Ka4 is illegal on board 2
Yea, I stopped board 3 instead of 2.... Fixed both now. Woops
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
We got as low as mate in 8 Big Grin Back to mate in 17 now (I am using a tablebase)
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
That was something like 45 or 46 moves with K+B+N v K on the board. Did white claim the draw on basis of black could not mate in 4 or 5 moves?
No Black dropped his Bishop and they agreed the draw
Did anyone get the games from the Open? Regardless of which round's link i follow i always get the R5 games...
What you have to do is go to the multiboard display. The controls for playing through a game are found on the board itself, mainly on the first and second rank, with a few on the seventh and eighth ranks.
Thanks for that Andy... took a bit of playing around with to figure it out, but i think i've got it ;-)
Graham Kerr Wrote:Did anyone get the games from the Open? Regardless of which round's link i follow i always get the R5 games...

Graham, I captured all the Open games into a pgn file. You should be able to download them here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chessscotland.com/livegames/201516/Livingston/Livingston_games_open_2015.pgn">http://www.chessscotland.com/livegames/ ... n_2015.pgn</a><!-- m -->

The intention is to load the pgn file to the scotchesstour web site and have a replay facility there. It just needs a bit of working out.

I might post the pgn file to Chess-Results if I can work that out as well.

Apologies to anyone following the hyperlink to Chess-Results from the scotchesstour website. I ended up having to reload the results in my atempt to link the Open, Major and Minor together under the one tournament. Using the Tournament search option in Chess-Results will lead you to the correct tournament.

David
Many thanks David ;-)