Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brown Memorial
Hi all
we're going to raise funds for Lochaber Mountain Rescue Team in memory of Tom Brown. It will on the last Monday before Christmas and I was hoping either to do a simul or have a fun Blitz tournament. I was wondering if any strong players (ideally an IM or GM but not required) would perform a simul for us. No fee's but we would arrange a lift to and from Lanark and all the coffee or tea required
We now have the details for the Tom Brown memorial on Monday 21st December. Patrick Coffrey will be performing a simultaneous in an open invitation to anyone who wishes to play him Participation fee will be £5 and any further donations will be gratefully accepted. Refreshments will be provided and an anonymous benefactor will be providing a few chess books for the best attempts against Patrick (who will be judging the winners) Anyone interested please contact me or any Lanark Chess Club members. Our thanks go to Patrick for participating which is deeply appreciated and also to Michael Hanley who will be helping to run the event.
Hi Ian,

I will donate £20, not sure if I will be able to attend on the Monday (it's a busy time of year!), if not, I will send over before hand or pay it to someone attending on the evening who can pass it on.

All the best with the fundraising effort.

Kevin
Hi Ian

Where will the Memorial event take place and what time does it start?

David
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->
KevinCampbell Wrote:I will donate £20, not sure if I will be able to attend on the Monday (it's a busy time of year!), if not, I will send over before hand or pay it to someone attending on the evening who can pass it on.
cheers Kevin it's all for a good cause
David G Congalton Wrote:Where will the Memorial event take place and what time does it start?
its at the Lanark Tolbooth in Lanark December 21st starting 7.15 PM. I'll be there from 6.30 PM helping to set it up. they'll be coffee, tea, juice and hopefully a few eadibles. It promises to be a fun night and absolutely everyone is invited