Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson, Spens, Nancy Elder and MacIssac
hamish olson Wrote:This is one of the things the Richardson (and the SNCL) is strong on - people turn out for it because it's only one day.

Hamish is hitting the nail on the head with everything he is saying. Aside from SNCL being a good event and just 1 day with mass attendance of teams/players, could we not also consider that people are turning out for it because:

(a) It is a set venue (you know exactly where you are going to be playing from the start of the season)
(b) The dates are set in stone (excluding dodgy suspension bridges)

So a 1 day'r + set venue location + dates in stone = A winning formula for well supported and well attended event.

Can we not try something different with the outdated Spens/Rich, that retains what people like about them, 8 boards or whatever, but take them into this century. Practical events with minimal organisation for struggling clubs/captains that lack volunteers and have enough barriers to get through.
Hi Guys
as home director It's time for me to pass on my views . The only change I asked to implement this year was to remove the 30 mile rule until I could assess what changes I could implement for the next year. At the moment it is not absolutely necessary for me to receive teamsheets 24 hours before a match although It would be nice to receive them. The initial draw was made at Dundee congress as in previous years. The Nancy Elder was regionalised as before. Communication errors due to old preocedures meant I was initially unable to communicate properly with team captains (this has now been rectified and will not happen again)
The option of a jamboree final weekend has been mooted but is not practical due to travel and accommodation requirements.
I would like to implement a player registration form for next years tournament with the proviso that additional players can be registered at the controller's discretion. This way a team could argue the eligibility of a player combined with the advantage that a new player could be added at relatively short notice if approved. I really cant see any reason why this would be difficult considering any competitive tournament in any sport or pastime requires player registrations. The ONLY important requirement is to get the results in asap for FIDE grading.
As with anything within my remit anyone can contact me anytime by email or telephone. I would be really happy to talk with anyone about this.
Ianbrownlee Wrote:Many thanks to Chris Donkin and Wandering Dragons for allowing Edinburgh Civil Service to enter the draw, truly in the best sporting spirit

Hard fought spens match finished 2.5 - 2.5.
Congratulations to Wandering Dragons who won on board elimination.

Crawford.
Spens:

Troon 1 - 4 Castlehill

John Calder (1902) 0 - 1 Declan Shafi (1763)
Tommy Barrett (1884) 0 - 1 Keith Rose (1646)
Robin Templeton (1797) 1 - 0 Paul Shafi (1597)
Duncan Malcolm (1696) 0 - 1 Daniel Thompson (1590E)
Len Weir (1502) 0 - 1 Pawel Kosior (1500E)
thanks Crawford, can you send me the result by email
Edinburgh beat Hamilton. Don't know final score but Edinburgh had a very strong team out.
I need results posted to me asap by email.
Edinburgh 6-2 Hamilton

GM Aagaard 1-0 FM Botella (w)
FM Sreeves 1-0 IM Mannion
FM Berry 0.5-0.5 Redpath
MacQueen 1-0 IM Muir
Green 0.5-0.5 Coffey
Walden 0.5-0.5 Nolan
McGowan 0.5-0.5 Tweedie
Oswald 1-0 Donohue
The next round of the richardson cup will be drawn next saturday at the livingston congress by David Congalton. many thanks to those who sent their results into me. All spens cups captains should know their opponents by now. All results will shortly be be posted on the CS events page. Any problems by anybody please contact me directly. Grangemouth has been booked again and I will see you there
Richardson Cup semi draw at Livingston 30/1/2016 as follows

First team named is home

Edinburgh West v Bon Accord

Cathcart v Edinburgh

Good luck to All