Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polytechnic Quickplay April 2015
Why has the results from the Spring Polytechnic Quickplay not been included in the 2014-2015 Grand Prix?
Thanks for note.

The event wasn't tagged correctly in the program - will be adjusted for tomorrow's update and should appear in GP.

PS: You must have escaped the use real name censor.
Why aren't 2150+ players eligible for the Grand Prix?
The original logic was the 2150+ level would be the players taking the place prizes in Opens. As mentioned elsewhere a lot of forced participants in Opens have almost zero chance of winning the event - so the GP was meant to provide at least partial compensation.

When the GP started there was also a UK wide GP with significant prizes in which Scots and some Scottish tournaments were included.
Douglas Bryson Wrote:Thanks for note.

The event wasn't tagged correctly in the program - will be adjusted for tomorrow's update and should appear in GP.

PS: You must have escaped the use real name censor.

I know how that happened....
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Surely getting to play stronger players is ample compensation. I realise the sponsors might not be into it but if that or something similar were possible it would provide an incentive for more players in the top 30 to enter tournaments.
While we're on the subject of the Grand Prix, how can the Under-14 Commonwealth Championship be a qualifying event for the adult Grand Prix?

Edit: I have just read the rules! There is a separate prize in each section for juniors.
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine
Douglas Bryson Wrote:PS: You must have escaped the use real name censor.

Thanks for note.The event wasn't tagged correctly in the program - will be adjusted for tomorrow's update and should appear in GP.PS: You must have escaped the use real name censor.

yep it was me pottsy quoted his PNUM on application and I accepted his application asking pottsy to change his username. Again my fault