Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dundee Allegro cancelled
This event is now cancelled due to a significant lack of interest. Not a decision taken lightly though.
Keith Rose Wrote:This event is now cancelled due to a significant lack of interest. Not a decision taken lightly though.

I actually went to the site today to enter and found this was cancelled. I talked to Steve Hogg on Monday and he said he planned to play. I talked to Duncan Walker and Ian MacLean on Saturday and they were both thinking to play. Generally, like most players, I tend to enter events about a week before in case of any short notice changes in personal circumstances. I am sure this is normal. So, I wonder just how many players are out there who had planned to enter but simply had not entered yet?
I was thinking of playing.... If it was 25+10 I would definitely play Wink
Alan Tate Wrote:I was thinking of playing.... If it was 25+10 I would definitely play Wink

I agree on increments. Actually I have played a 20+10 5 times now while on holiday in Spain. 7 rounds. All rounds start as soon as draw is done after preceding. Starts 4pm and is always finished by 9pm. Seems to work well except I still have not won it :-s My point is the supposed problem that rounds can go on indefinitely never seems come up in practice.
Yep, seems to be a myth based on fear of the unknown. Even if a round did start a bit late, it would hardly be the end of the world as there is usually nothing else to do when stuck in a venue than wait for the next round.

Regarding people entering late, might be an idea to offer reduced entry fees to early entrants, with the fees progressively rising the later the entry.
EK Open tonight is using increments. I like having them
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"