Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson, Spens and Rosebowl
Just out of interest, was there much interest in watching the live games? Was it worth Andy H's efforts?
I'm probably not representative in any way (I follow all sorts of little chess events worldwide) but for me it was worthwhile and much appreciated. Although, again, it would make more sense if all 8 boards of the Richardson had been covered.
I enjoyed it a lot. Live games are good training tool - challenges you to beat the players in real time.
I can say with certainty we had more viewers than people at the Scottish Conservative Conference recently
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
My son was watching. He thought it was strange that only half the games in Richardson were live so you could not really follow the match properly.
Andy Howie Wrote:I can say with certainty we had more viewers than people at the Scottish Conservative Conference recently

how do you know Andy I didnt know you followed the tories closely. These closet tories are everywhere unlike the scottish tories you cant find them anywhere or scottish labour for that part (only joking of course)
I saw the pictures from it.... I was going to make a joke about non SNP MPs but that would have been too far.

On a serious note, I might put a hidden counter on to see how many do. I personally don't care if only 1 person watches. I know one was as he contacted me to tell me I had one of the boards the wrong way round!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy Howie Wrote:I saw the pictures from it.... I was going to make a joke about non SNP MPs but that would have been too far.

On a serious note, I might put a hidden counter on to see how many do. I personally don't care if only 1 person watches. I know one was as he contacted me to tell me I had one of the boards the wrong way round!

It matters. If you can go to a company asking for sponsorship and can say last year we have 1000+ people on our site watching the games it increases your chances to get sponsorship.

So a counter sounds a good idea to me
By the way, I think the reason Tory's are not "in your face" like many SNP voters is because they are worried they might "get nutted" by one of our impressive new Westminster representatives Wink
George, I'm sure you're joking (well, I hope you are), but equating a Scotsman being "impressive" with a Scotsman "nutting" an Englishman (which is effectively what you're saying, although I'm sure you would deny the direct comparison) is a pretty poor show.

Although I live in England, I'm a pure Celt without a drop of Anglo-Saxon blood in me, and I bow the knee to nobody as regards my pride in my racial background. But sometimes I wonder whether things sometimes get out of hand. I suspect most of these things start out with so-called jokes".