Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FM Clement Sreeves
Andy,
I followed our game from Edinburgh, some sort of Slav. At some point I played Ne5, Nxe5, Bxe5, Ng4. I played Bf4 and you responded with the very strong g5! Meier played Bd4; I thought you had a good idea against this too, but I couldn't remember what it was and I haven't found it subsequently.
Matt
Matthew Turner Wrote:Andy,
I followed our game from Edinburgh, some sort of Slav. At some point I played Ne5, Nxe5, Bxe5, Ng4. I played Bf4 and you responded with the very strong g5! Meier played Bd4; I thought you had a good idea against this too, but I couldn't remember what it was and I haven't found it subsequently.
Matt

Hmmm, now I'm really confused Matthew -are you mistaking me for someone else?! Our game from Edinburgh was a Gruenfeld where I played an early h4 as white! :-\
Anyway ....

Congratulations to Clement from all at Dundee & Angus Congress.

It appears that this is some sort of record for me, I appear to have misremembered the evaluation, the moves and the opponent. Apologies, Andy!

Here is the game, perhaps someone could let me know who I have played this against before!

C4 nf6
Nf3 c6
G3 d5
Bg2 Bf5
Cxd5 cxd5
Qb3 Qc8
Nc3 Nc6
D3 Be7
Bf4 0-0
Rac1 Qd7
Ne5 Nxe5
Bxe5 Ng4
Bd4 Rfc8
H3 Nf6
Rfd1 Bg6
E4 bd8
Exd5 exd5
Nxd5 Nxd5
Qxd5 Qxd5
Bxd5 rxc1
Rxc1 bxd3
Bxb7 rb8
Bxa7 rxb7
Rc8 rd7
Bb6

I hoped for some chances in the opposite coloured bishop ending but they never really materialised.
Maybe it was against Clement? Wink
Congratulations to Clement, mega achievement am sure it will inspire a few of the current youngsters.
Congratulations go to Clement, an excellent achievement, and hopefully just a stepping stone on to the next title...
Of course, the titled status now gains free entry to many events. I'm handling the entries for the upcoming Lothians Allegro, if you want to enter Clement (or anybody else for that matter), just let me know...

Happy New Year to everyone ;-)
Thanks everyone for the kind wishes, and happy new year!

Unfortunately can't make Lothians, but hope it goes well.