Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIDE anti cheating rules
Alex Gillies Wrote:If software its that good they could have a look at some retrospective games. That would be interesting- bound to be some dodgy games in cyberspace.

This software should also be used to look at games played before the development of super strong computers programmes.
I should point out that no one will be accused of cheating based on a single game. I am hoping to speak to the Standards committee at some point about this issue but to be honest I can't see us having a cheating problem in Scotland.

I am currently working on other methods for detection that don't involve using a computer. That is for what I call the "stupid" cheaters. Catching the player, for example popping off to the toilet to consult their phone is a tad harder. I have a few ideas that I am testing at the moment so if you see me at a tournament with weird looking equipment, please don't be alarmed. I am testing a theory!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy Howie Wrote:Catching the player, for example popping off to the toilet to consult their phone is a tad harder. I have a few ideas that I am testing at the moment so if you see me at a tournament with weird looking equipment, please don't be alarmed. I am testing a theory!

You've set up hidden video cameras in the toilets? Big Grin