Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Membership Secretary - vacancy
Having completed five years' service as Membership Secretary I am stepping down with effect from 31 December. As previously advised in the recent news panel, applications should be submitted to the Executive Director, <!-- e --><a href="mailto:andy@akhowie.co.uk">andy@akhowie.co.uk</a><!-- e -->.

I have always been very conscious that our members deserve the best quality of service that I can supply. It is for members to decide how well or badly I have fared but I will say that I have developed the role in a number of small ways in order to enhance the service provided.

Over my years as Executive Director then Membership Secretary I served alongside three Presidents. Probably the main area where I felt I managed to contribute to progress being achieved was Child Protection. In 2003, a paper was produced by Alex McFarlane, Steve Mannion Senior and myself. It established the ongoing basis for Chess Scotland meeting its obligations under the then Child Protection Scheme. In more recent years, I assisted Steve Mannion Senior in the migration across to the PVG scheme. It is reassuring that Chess Scotland's PVG policies and processes have proved to be robust and have withstood the various challenges submitted to the authorities.

Membership Secretary has been an enjoyable role but it is now time for me to move on and implement other plans.
Dick,

Thanks for a job well done!