Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wester Hailes Junior Congress
Phil,

Sorry about that.

ChessScotland has mistakenly placed Harry's Lenzie November event from last year under the Junior CFK category ran by SJC in the 2013-2014 results. All the more confusing for me was that Michael Hanley from SJC has graded the results of this (mistakenly listed) CFK event.

Thanks for correcting me that the Scottish Junior Chess (SJC) organisation or Chess for Kicks (CFK) had no input whatsoever to the..

Quote:superbly run event
OK Guys! I think that's enough publcity for my "superbly run event" :-) Actually it wasnt too bad an event and paid out £230 in prizemoney! As it happens I did receive input from a number of sources including SJC who kindly agreed to allow the event to be a qualifier for the CFK Final. I'm happy to email the application form for this year' to anyone who wants one. It is also on the calendar for CS. Despite the ridiculously good prize fund it's only £5 entry payable on the day (now that's real value Robin!). Good luck to the organisers and all the participants at Wester Hailes
For clarification

In season 2013-2014 the events CFK Aberdeen, Inverness, Lenzie, Stonehaven gave out qualifying places for the CFK final but were not run by SJC.

Perhaps Dougie would like to list these events instead as CFK qualifier Aberdeen etc?
in the interests of increased clarity.

Michael Hanley chess activity is sometimes done for SJC, sometimes for Hamilton club, sometimes for Lanarkshire schools, & any adults events he arbits could well have his name on the grading data input.

PS Harry,
I didn't mentiion your event once
Hi Guys
As interesting as this debate is may I drag this thread back to the fact that the Wester Hailes Junior Congress is being held next Sunday (23rd Nov.) and that entries received today still qualify for the early entry discount.

Mike
Mike,

That looks like a really good turnout for the junior event at Wester Hailes tomorrow. I make it 29 teams (4 players per team).

Are you looking for any local adult helpers?
Hi Robin
Many thanks but I think the team has things covered - but please contact our chair (Bill Platts) via http://www.ljc.org.uk/index.php/contactus/5-billp

Yes it is an excellent turnout, with a number of returning schools, new schools and old faithfuls. In the new camp are Low Port from Linlithgow, one of a few schools in that area I think that have clubs.

Hopefully we can get a high percentage of these players to return for the Lothian individual champs - which this year will not be a 'closed' event and will welcome non-qualifying players.
Mike,

Looked a good attendance for the Lothians Individual event at the weekend, how did things go?