Chris Donkin - Wandering Dragons
Martin Keen – Kelso
Alan Armstrong – Kelso
Keith Aitchison - Kelso

West (3):
Pat McGovern – Greenwood
Stephen Hilton - Inverclyde
Ian Brownlee - Lanark

Edinburgh and the West are a little thin on the ground so far.
Latest indications (not all have officially entered, i.e. passed their details and payments to Dick Heathwood - I will take entries up to 23rd October):

North-East (14):
Callum Smith – North Juniors
John Robertson Dundee
Jim Anderson - Dundee
Declan Shafi - Castlehill
Ray Noble - Castlehill
Paul Shafi - Castlehill
John Lynch - Castlehill
Lisa Paton - Castlehill
Euan Dawson - Castlehill
Subhayu Banerjee - Castlehill
Agnijo Banerjee - Castlehill
Alex Kidd - Castlehill
Andrejs Budahs – Castlehill
Arthur Grant

South/South-East (7):
Darren Maley - Dunbar
Jonathan Livingstone – Dunbar
Chris Donkin Wandering Dragons
Martin Keen – Kelso
Alan Armstrong – Kelso
Keith Aitchison – Kelso
Calum McGillivray - Edinburgh

West (4):
Pat McGovern – Greenwood
Stephen Hilton Inverclyde
Ian Brownlee – Lanark
? - Kilmarnock
This is the final list. West is a bit disappointing so if I got a quick offer I would take it. I can't wait more than a day or two though.

West (3):
Pat McGovern – Greenwood
Stephen Hilton - Inverclyde
Ian Brownlee – Lanark

North-East (13):
Callum Smith – North Juniors
John Robertson Dundee
Jim Anderson - Dundee
Declan Shafi - Castlehill
Ray Noble - Castlehill
Paul Shafi - Castlehill
John Lynch - Castlehill
Lisa Paton - Castlehill
Euan Dawson - Castlehill
Subhayu Banerjee - Castlehill
Agnijo Banerjee - Castlehill
Alex Kidd - Castlehill
Arthur Grant - Castlehill

South/South-East (7):
Darren Maley - Dunbar
Jonathan Livingstone – Dunbar
Chris Donkin - Wandering Dragons
Martin Keen – Kelso
Alan Armstrong – Kelso
Keith Aitchison – Kelso
Calum McGillivray - Edinburgh
Castlehill Club Championship rebranded? Wink I wonder what Nancy would make of it :p
Fair comment from George. Little borders club Kelso, a town with a population of probably less than 5000 are making up 3 of the 23 places. Little seaside town Dunbar make up another 2. The turn out is beyond poor. The West (3) and Edinburgh (2) turnout is beyond dissapointing. No disrespect intended to clubs from these 2 areas, but we maybe need to know why people don't want to play. Something is wrong. We need to sort the Elder & MacIsacc competitions out pronto and support Keith more.
Jonathan Livingstone Wrote:Fair comment from George. Little borders club Kelso, a town with a population of probably less than 5000 are making up 3 of the 23 places. Little seaside town Dunbar make up another 2. The turn out is beyond poor. The West (3) and Edinburgh (2) turnout is beyond dissapointing. No disrespect intended to clubs from these 2 areas, but we maybe need to know why people don't want to play. Something is wrong. We need to sort the Elder & MacIsacc competitions out pronto and support Keith more.
+1

I've emailed Keith to enter Craig and suggested we change format for MacIsaac utilising weekend congresses for all/part of it. He's looking into this and will no doubt respond. Think Keith needs more support from club players and possibly someone to help with a central venue option.
Jonathan, Alex

Thanks for the help and support with this.

As far as central venues go for the MacIsaac (and potential revival of Eos/Wos) we need two things in the main: venues that are affordable (paid from any entry fees) and someone local to such venues that can help with the running of any event. It would be difficult to do adequately from a distance, so any offers of help - however limited - would be welcome.
As an alternative to a new central venue on its own you could look at Nancy Elder players agreeing to playing at say Oban or Lothian's Congresses (indeed any congress ) and taking a bye round 1 or 2 and playing it at the congress venue. Chances are they will play the congress as well.
That's an interesting suggestion Alex. What do congress organisers and the players think about it?
I can't really see why a congress might object if they offer byes anyway, and the players get the benefit of not having to pay for premises and/or a better atmosphere than someone's dining room.

I'll be making the draw tonight, BTW.
The draw has been sent to all the participants and should appear on the relevant CS web page soon http://www.chessscotland.com/membership/...Events.htm