Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep SNCL Tidy!!!
Hi Folks,

It was lovely to see you all today and I'm happy that you had such a good time.

Through the thoughtfulness of the catering girls we were given the extra facilities for the cafe area today. Depending on future events and commitments we may or may not have it. We cannot afford to 'buy' this area so please would you keep it tidy so that we are welcome to return.

There are plenty of bins at the venue and it only takes a moment for you to put your rubbish into one.
Once you have finished your games and go away home it is very disheartening for my SNCL Team to find that we have to spent ages clearing your mess. Cups (with and without liquid!!), plates, pens, scoresheets and other rubbish left at the playing boards -- Why?

Analysis area is also left to us. For example when tidying up tonight, rather than disturb a couple who were analysising their game, one of my colleagues left the tub on the table. Coming back ten minutes later -- the couple had gone but the pieces, far from being in the box, had been scattered over the table.

We have a very long day too -- it starts before you arrive and ends long after you leave. Please have some consideration
a) Put all your rubbish in the bin
b) Do not leave anything at the tables - analysis or competition
c) Pack away the analysis sets and leave them tidily on the table when you are finished. If someone else wants to use them it will only take a minute for them to tip them out and reset.

I would like to thank my team for their commitment to SNCL. Through your dedication we have an excellent rapport with the venue staff. I would hope that the chess community will recognise the need to assist us in this matter.

Glynis
Glynis did you notice that the recent upsurge of rubbish happenned (coincidently) when the new ayrshire team arrived? I say hanging is too good for them. minimum punishment must be permanent membership of 4th division or being forced to listen to Mr Moores report on Czech Republic tournament on a loop. comments (or abuse) on the back of a sealed down envelope and sent to the usual address. Big Grin
Collecting Refuse And Paper (CRAP)

Glynis,

Thank you for your waste paper products from the recent SNCL event. Sadly, I am unable to reimburse you for your contribution as I feel you may have deliberately altered the amount of waste paper to be collected. Our refuse collection officers have discovered that 90% of your waste paper that we collected were losing chess games from a Mr Patrick McGovern of Saltcoats and accordingly we feel it would be inappropriate to fulfil our previously agreed financial agreement. You have clearly pockled it as no player could lose this many games in such a short space of time.

Yours sincerely,

Manager,

(CRAP).
Please Glynis do not be taken in by this charlatan. He will not collect our rubbish. The manager of CRAP has a long long and notorious history of letting the fair maidens down with promises he never intends to keep. More recently in his disguise as a chess player at Benidorn he left the organiser (female) with a broken heart and a string of unkept promises. "Mi angel Robin" (say in a spanish accent) left poor Ms Aguilar with a poor image of us Scots and some say she also now has a "Monday Book" (whatever that is?). In the interests of harmony I urge all chess players to remove their rubbish and keep Mr Moore out of Dunfermline.

Yours fraternally, Pat.
Genltlemen as far as I am concerned you are both full of 'IT' and the best place for it would definitely be a dustbin (complete with air freshener!!!)

Now for the more sensible of you please conceed to my request the next time you are at SNCL

(By the way any nonsense from either of you two and I will happily get my bouncer to show you a quick exit 8) )

GG
Aha now I understand.

When I sat down to play round 2 there was a banana skin on my side of the table. I thought it was an anonymous comment on the way I was about to handle the black pieces. My opponent denied ownership and I removed it to the nearest bin.
Rubbish left at boards is a constant problem for arbiters.

At the British an Indian WIM left her banana skin at the board every day. After a few days of this the late great Richard Furness collected the banana skin and, before the start of play the following day he carefully placed it at her board. Two days of this was enough to convince her of the error of her ways.

PS I am not suggesting Glynis uses this method despite its success rate.
It's one of the things that annoys me, when I go to congresses.

It's not difficult to put your rubbish in a bin or to set the pieces back up properly on a board after you are finished with them, but this seems to be beyond some people.

It's probably only a small minority that are like that. Perhaps we should shame them publicly at the congress and here on the noticeboard.
I agree with Alex (first time for everything) give them their own rubbish back. And GG please dont bounce me out, well not until i win a game, Big Grin