Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Scottish Championship
I don't know anything in the world of Chess in Scotland, and just used the word "hopefully" as was reading between the lines of Andy H's earlier comment on trying to secure a venue. Glasgow was sadly cancelled last season due to problems with getting a suitable venue, so seemed wise not to jump the gun.

Andy H - I have read the directors reports now, thanks for the direction to them.

To agree with what Alex G said, consideration of a later July date, or even August seems worth consideration? As long as it is not in term-time, then I'm going to be there and already excited about it.

Andy B - can we add The Proclaimers to that list (why not?) for some sort of mini opening ceremony. They could maybe change the lyric to "I would make 500 moves, and I would make 500 more", (this is a serious comment/idea).
We can't use Late July and early august as the British Championships are on in Coventry from 25th July to 8th August. If we use the following week, the schools are back...
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"