Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yNotate an app for recording notation
Steve, I quoted the law and the wording is not electronic devices but mobile phones and device capable of communication.

Electronic devices, as I said, are not banned if they are not capable of communicating.

As for a blind chess player turning up with a tablet to record his moves, I would expect them to be fully conversant with the current laws the same as all the other players.

As that is a Nirvana never to be approached I await the first blind player to use the tablet as a recording device.
Happy to oblige Big Grin
if Joe needs a digital dictaphone to record his moves tell him I will bring a spare one down to the Marymass for him.
Yes, but if the blind player has no other means of recording their moves, then you would have to allow the use of them but I would add that when you use an app, then you cannot use another app at the same time.
Steve

I don't see anywhere in the laws or guidance for Disabled players that states that. Could you point out the relevant part for me?
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
I was told this by Stewart Rueben Andy. He also said that it would be preferable if they did not use such things.
From the disabled viewpoint the wording is ambiguous. We are simply asking that it is abundantly clear to arbiters that disabled players have the right to record their moves by dictaphone or cassette recorder and these would not be banned under the rules. The digital recorder can be classified under the term electronic device and be banned under the rules as it stands
Can we make sure this is brought up with the QC as I can see problems with it. It does make sense to me to be honest...
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy,
I have already mentioned it to the disabled committee and I am sure that the rules commission will take note of the concerns I have raised.