Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM
Andy B - why don't you stand ??
amuir Wrote:Andy B - why don't you stand ??

I would love to stand, but I have taken on the magazine editors role as that's where my main area of expertise lies.
If I thought that doing both jobs was in any way practical (given my personal, playing and coaching commitments) I would have stood anyway, but CS deserves someone who has the time and expertise to do the job properly.

CS is primarily a volunteer organisation, and quite often we will have to 'make do' with whoever is willing to take on roles, but unfortunately the ID role as it stands is becoming a laughing stock in chess circles.

Apologies if this seems harsh, and you obviously have your supporters who disagree with this view, but can you honestly say your behaviour over the last 2 years has been in any way acceptable for the important role you have?
[Image: giphy.gif]

inb4 Clément
Andy B- I basically disagree with your philosophy.
I consider myself to be doing a good job.
I shall stand as normal at the AGM and await the vote.
What is the rule on proxies this year ? Is anyone allowed a 50-vote block vote ? e.g. can someone hire & fire anyone they please single-handedly ?
Great to see Dougie's proposal for Fide rating the Richardson, and fully agree with George's rules.

Why would anyone be opposed to it being Fide rated?

Out of interest, this international director post - does it require lots of meetings or can it be done from home?
"Great to see Dougie's proposal for Fide rating the Richardson, and fully agree with George's rules.Why would anyone be opposed to it being Fide rated? Out of interest, this international director post - does it require lots of meetings or can it be done from home?"

FIDE rating rejected for various reasons:
1. 2300-2400s would put their ratings at risk vs 1800-2200s in domestic games
2. Only one or two games, not cost effective
3. Several 2300-2400s would not play, making tournament weaker

Strict grading order rejected for inflexibility, complexity reasons.

A fresh captains' vote is required for these two proposals in the name of democracy.

ID post only requires 2 meetings a year of council, rest can be done at home.
AGM is highest authority. Captain vote does not superseded it
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
I am not bringing copies of the reports tomorrow. Tired of killing trees each year. Please bring your own copy (Will have agenda, motions etc)
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
AGM over, no controversy, looking forward to helping Scottish chess again for another year.
amuir Wrote:AGM over, no controversy, looking forward to helping Scottish chess again for another year.

Were you reprimanded for your behaviour again this year Andy?