Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Chess magazine - August 2014 Issue
Good stuff, business as usual. Is Chandler no longer writing? His section is missed, would like to see it back.
Hi folks,

The October issue of Chess Scotland is now at the printers and should be with you shortly.

The deadline for submissions for the December issue is 1st December.

If anyone has reports, articles, annotated games or other ideas they'd like to see in the magazine please contact me! abburnett (at) hotmail.com or editor (at) chessscotland.com

Cheers,
Andy Burnett (Editor)
Jonathan Livingstone Wrote:Good stuff, business as usual. Is Chandler no longer writing? His section is missed, would like to see it back.

Hi Jonathan,

I'll have a word with Geoff and see what he thinks Smile

Cheers,
Andy
I've had a few enquiries recently as to why magazine Issue 252 is missing.

Unfortunately I didn't know Issue 252 (which ought to have come out in June) hadn't appeared when I took over as editor. I produced my first issue (August) as Issue 253 and followed up with Issue 254 (September-the extra issue to make up for the missing June issue) and Issue 255 (October, which should be with you all very shortly).

So, there is no Issue252 - should anyone come across one it might be extremely valuable!

Apologies for the confusion - hopefully this clears matters up and I will be contacting those people who enquired directly to explain the situation.

Regards,
Andy Burnett (Editor, Scottish Chess magazine)
The December issue of Scottish Chess magazine was sent to the printers today, so it should be in the post sometime next week. Further announcement as soon as I know for sure Smile
Regards,
Andy Burnett
Hi folks,

Apologies if you haven't received your copies of SC magazine yet - bit of a postal problem but should be with you in a couple of days.

The deadline for the February issue is JANUARY 25TH and I would like to see plenty of games and reports being sent in by individuals, clubs and league secretaries for inclusion!

All the best for 2015,

Andy Burnett
The February issue is currently a bit 'light' on content, so this is a plea for annotated games, reports, pics or anything else which might be of interest to the wider readership!

Please send to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:abburnett@hotmail.com">abburnett@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->

Thanks!
Andy Burnett
Hi Andy

first and foremost can I congratulate you on your efforts both over the board and with the magazine.

Secondly, can I suggest some of our stronger players post articles on basic opening and endgame theory. Also possibly some articles from our league controllers and other officials.

For a LAUGH can we also nominate games between Scottish players in the same vein of celebrity deathmatch and maybe even get the game played (ideally in a live format or for the magazine)

Let's bring fun into chess Smile
Ianbrownlee Wrote:Hi Andy

first and foremost can I congratulate you on your efforts both over the board and with the magazine.

Secondly, can I suggest some of our stronger players post articles on basic opening and endgame theory. Also possibly some articles from our league controllers and other officials.

For a LAUGH can we also nominate games between Scottish players in the same vein of celebrity deathmatch and maybe even get the game played (ideally in a live format or for the magazine)

Let's bring fun into chess Smile

Hi Ian,

Thanks!

I'll see what I can do with your suggestions Wink

Cheers,
Andy
Ianbrownlee Wrote:For a LAUGH can we also nominate games between Scottish players in the same vein of celebrity deathmatch and maybe even get the game played (ideally in a live format or for the magazine)

Start us off with Burnett-Muir :p Wink =))